Man shot and seriously injured in Canning Town
- Credit: MPS
A man is in hospital with serious injuries after being shot in Canning Town in the early hours of this morning.
Police said the 26-year-old suffered a gun wound to the torso and are appealing for more information from the public.
Armed officers were called to Freemasons Road shortly after midnight following reports of gun shots in the area, where they found the injured man.
He was rushed to hospital by paramedics. His injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
Freemasons Road remains closed this morning following the shooting and local bus routes are being diverted.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the Met’s Trident and Area Crime Command are investigating.
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue. Anyone with information should contact police on 101, via Twitter @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 2 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 5 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
- 6 Newham pubs and bars reopening for outdoor service
- 7 Former West Ham striker Dean Ashton believes they will make the top four
- 8 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 9 Seven cup finals for West Ham as they chase Champions League place
- 10 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced