Man shot and seriously injured in Canning Town
- Credit: MPS
A man is in hospital with serious injuries after being shot in Canning Town in the early hours of this morning.
Police said the 26-year-old suffered a gun wound to the torso and are appealing for more information from the public.
Armed officers were called to Freemasons Road shortly after midnight following reports of gun shots in the area, where they found the injured man.
He was rushed to hospital by paramedics. His injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
Freemasons Road remains closed this morning following the shooting and local bus routes are being diverted.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the Met’s Trident and Area Crime Command are investigating.
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue. Anyone with information should contact police on 101, via Twitter @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 4 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property