Man shot and seriously injured in Canning Town
- Credit: MPS
A man is in hospital with serious injuries after being shot in Canning Town in the early hours of this morning.
Police said the 26-year-old suffered a gun wound to the torso and are appealing for more information from the public.
Armed officers were called to Freemasons Road shortly after midnight following reports of gun shots in the area, where they found the injured man.
He was rushed to hospital by paramedics. His injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
Freemasons Road remains closed this morning following the shooting and local bus routes are being diverted.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the Met’s Trident and Area Crime Command are investigating.
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue. Anyone with information should contact police on 101, via Twitter @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 9 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 10 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money