Man shot and seriously injured in Canning Town
- Credit: MPS
A man is in hospital with serious injuries after being shot in Canning Town in the early hours of this morning.
Police said the 26-year-old suffered a gun wound to the torso and are appealing for more information from the public.
Armed officers were called to Freemasons Road shortly after midnight following reports of gun shots in the area, where they found the injured man.
He was rushed to hospital by paramedics. His injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
Freemasons Road remains closed this morning following the shooting and local bus routes are being diverted.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the Met’s Trident and Area Crime Command are investigating.
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue. Anyone with information should contact police on 101, via Twitter @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 2 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 3 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 4 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Canning town bus station reopens after falling glass injures man
- 9 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 10 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme