Man robbed, beaten and sexually assaulted in East Ham
- Credit: Archant
A man was robbed, beaten and sexually assaulted after he said he did not have any cigarettes on him.
The victim, in his 40s, was returning home from a night out in the borough at around 11pm on Saturday, January 31 when two men approached him outside East Ham station, asking him for cigarettes.
When he said he did not have any, they punched him several times and stole his backpack, ID card and bank card.
They then took him to a cash point where they demanded he draw money out. When he could not, they assaulted him once more.
He was then dragged to a nearby park where he was beaten with a metal pole and forced to perform a sex act on the men whilst they filmed him.
You may also want to watch:
A passer-by heard the man’s cry for help and called police and the London Ambulance Service.
The victim, who does not live locally, was taken to hospital and is now receiving specialist support.
- 1 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 2 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 3 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 4 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 5 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 6 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 7 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 8 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 9 Pearce believes camaraderie has given West Ham a chance of making Europe
- 10 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
Det Con Monir Nairna said: “This was a particularly violent attack, with the suspects brazenly ignoring residents and passers-by in what would have been a busy location.
“Thankfully incidents of this nature are extremely rare and we are conducting numerous inquiries to trace the suspects. Extra patrols have been put in place in the area to provide reassurance.”
The suspects are both described as of Mediterranean appearance and of 20-22 years old with short dark hair.
One had his hair gelled back and was wearing a black hooded top, while the other was wearing white glasses.
Anyone who saw anything, or know who the men are, is asked to contact the police on 020 8217 7451. To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.