Man punched and bitten during robbery at Abbey Road DLR station
- Credit: BTP
Police are investigating after a man was punched and bitten during a robbery at a train station.
The victim was at Abbey Road DLR station when he was approached by a group of four men.
They told him he was under civil arrest and then assaulted him before taking his wallet and an iPhone 7 Plus. During the attack, he was punched several times and then bitten.
He received hospital treatment for minor injuries after the assault, which took place at around 7.15pm on Monday, June 18.
Officers have now released CCTV footage of four people they would like to speak to in connection with the robbery.
Dc Alfred Iswa said: “This was a particularly violent robbery and we have a number of ongoing enquiries to trace those responsible.
“I am keen to hear from anyone who recognises anyone in these CCTV images.”
- 1 Man held in murder probe after woman fatally stabbed in Custom House
- 2 Man dies after falling unwell in Stratford
- 3 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Newham
- 4 'Unexplained': Man dies after being found unresponsive in Plashet Park
- 5 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 6 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 7 Man allegedly commits GBH after robbing bottles of champagne from Tesco
- 8 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
- 9 Wanted: Five people Newham police wish to speak to
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
Anyone with information should call BTP on 0800 40 50 quoting reference 578 of 18/06/2018, or Crimestopppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.