Man punched and bitten during robbery at Abbey Road DLR station
- Credit: BTP
Police are investigating after a man was punched and bitten during a robbery at a train station.
The victim was at Abbey Road DLR station when he was approached by a group of four men.
They told him he was under civil arrest and then assaulted him before taking his wallet and an iPhone 7 Plus. During the attack, he was punched several times and then bitten.
He received hospital treatment for minor injuries after the assault, which took place at around 7.15pm on Monday, June 18.
Officers have now released CCTV footage of four people they would like to speak to in connection with the robbery.
You may also want to watch:
Dc Alfred Iswa said: “This was a particularly violent robbery and we have a number of ongoing enquiries to trace those responsible.
“I am keen to hear from anyone who recognises anyone in these CCTV images.”
- 1 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
- 5 US fried chicken chain Popeyes to open first UK outlet in Stratford
- 6 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 7 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 8 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 9 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 10 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
Anyone with information should call BTP on 0800 40 50 quoting reference 578 of 18/06/2018, or Crimestopppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.