Man punched and bitten during robbery at Abbey Road DLR station
- Credit: BTP
Police are investigating after a man was punched and bitten during a robbery at a train station.
The victim was at Abbey Road DLR station when he was approached by a group of four men.
They told him he was under civil arrest and then assaulted him before taking his wallet and an iPhone 7 Plus. During the attack, he was punched several times and then bitten.
He received hospital treatment for minor injuries after the assault, which took place at around 7.15pm on Monday, June 18.
Officers have now released CCTV footage of four people they would like to speak to in connection with the robbery.
You may also want to watch:
Dc Alfred Iswa said: “This was a particularly violent robbery and we have a number of ongoing enquiries to trace those responsible.
“I am keen to hear from anyone who recognises anyone in these CCTV images.”
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 4 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 5 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 6 West Ham boss Moyes believes they have plenty more to come after Palace victory
- 7 This is what we want to show everyone says Hammers star Tomas Soucek
- 8 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
Anyone with information should call BTP on 0800 40 50 quoting reference 578 of 18/06/2018, or Crimestopppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.