Man punched and bitten during robbery at Abbey Road DLR station
- Credit: BTP
Police are investigating after a man was punched and bitten during a robbery at a train station.
The victim was at Abbey Road DLR station when he was approached by a group of four men.
They told him he was under civil arrest and then assaulted him before taking his wallet and an iPhone 7 Plus. During the attack, he was punched several times and then bitten.
He received hospital treatment for minor injuries after the assault, which took place at around 7.15pm on Monday, June 18.
Officers have now released CCTV footage of four people they would like to speak to in connection with the robbery.
You may also want to watch:
Dc Alfred Iswa said: “This was a particularly violent robbery and we have a number of ongoing enquiries to trace those responsible.
“I am keen to hear from anyone who recognises anyone in these CCTV images.”
- 1 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 2 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 3 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 4 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 5 Silvertown, North Woolwich heritage project offers opportunity to history buff
- 6 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 7 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 8 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
- 9 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
Anyone with information should call BTP on 0800 40 50 quoting reference 578 of 18/06/2018, or Crimestopppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.