Man needs stitches after stabbing at Stratford station
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are urging witnesses to come forward after a young man was stabbed in the back at Stratford station on Friday.
The 21-year-old victim was stabbed at around 2.45pm on Friday August 2.
The suspect fled after the incident and jumped on to the eastbound central line towards Leyton station.
The victim was taken to an east London hospital where he required stitches in two back wounds and his arm.
British Transport Police have released CCTV images of a man they want to speak to in connection with the stabbing.
Det Cons Paul Miller, investigating officer, said: “We’ve carried out a number of enquiries to try and establish the identity of this man, including speaking to witnesses and circulating images on police intelligence systems, but to no avail so far.
“Anyone who witnessed the incident, or has any information that could help our investigation, is asked to come forward and contact police in confidence.”
- 1 Guilty: Man murdered woman at bus stop and tried to kill another a day later
- 2 Man charged with Beckton murder as victim named
- 3 Maryland machete murderer found guilty - as police hunt second attacker
- 4 3 arrests after death of man found unresponsive in Beckton
- 5 Arrest of 'Ilford kingpin' sparked ‘biggest ever' Channel crossings crack down
- 6 Jailed: Forest Gate serial arsonist who started more than two dozen fires
- 7 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 8 Revealed: Cause of terraced houses blaze in East Ham
- 9 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 10 Have you seen Lisa, 47, who is missing from Forest Gate?
Anyone with information is asked to contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting background B5/LUA of 06/08/13 or contact charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.