Man left with ‘potentially life-changing eye injury and bite marks that pierced skin’ after District line Tube brawl
- Credit: BTP
An attack on three men at West Ham Tube station left one with potentially life-changing injuries to his eye and bite marks that pierced his skin, police said.
A question on travel advice reportedly descended into a brawl onboard an eastbound District line train.
When the doors opened, one of the trio was punched in the face and bitten after he fell backwards onto the train platform, another sustaining a fractured toe.
British Transport Police (BTP) are treating the incident as a “serious assault” and search for four men in connection to the incident.
According to officers, four men approached the victims onboard a Mile End to West Ham service.
You may also want to watch:
Talk turned to verbal abuse from the quartet, then violence.
BTP have released images of four men they want to trace in connection to the incident, which happened at about 10pm on May 29
- 1 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 2 Manor Park Fitness Centre closing to make way for 'affordable' homes
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 92 arrests as police respond to community concerns about crime
- 5 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 6 Stephen Timms 'cannot forgive attacker without meeting face-to-face'
- 7 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
- 8 Newham to 'bring back the broom' as recycling gets boost
- 9 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 10 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
If you recognise them, text BTP on 61016 or call 0800 405 040 quoting reference 704 of 29 May.