Man left with life-changing injuries after East Ham hit and run
Detectives investigating a hit and run that left a pedestrian with life-changing injuries are appealing for witnesses.
The man, who is in his 40s, remains in hospital in a critical but stable condition after the incident, which took place on Wellington Road, East Ham, at around 8.15pm on Wednesday.
The three occupants of the car, a silver Volkswagen Golf, fled the scene before police arrived.
The suspects have all been described as black men, with one wearing a baseball cap.
Officers arrested a 20-year-old man in New Barn Street, Plaistow, in the early hours of yesterday on suspicion of attempted murder.
You may also want to watch:
He has bailed pending further enquiries to a date in early July.
Det Sgt Andy Norton, from Newham CID, said: “This was a nasty incident that has left the victim with serious injuries.
- 1 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 2 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 3 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 6 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 9 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 10 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show
“We would appeal to anyone with information or anyone who witnessed the collision to contact officers at Newham CID as soon as possible.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Newham CID on 020 8217 5881, Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or tweet @MetCC