Man left with life-changing injuries after East Ham hit and run
Detectives investigating a hit and run that left a pedestrian with life-changing injuries are appealing for witnesses.
The man, who is in his 40s, remains in hospital in a critical but stable condition after the incident, which took place on Wellington Road, East Ham, at around 8.15pm on Wednesday.
The three occupants of the car, a silver Volkswagen Golf, fled the scene before police arrived.
The suspects have all been described as black men, with one wearing a baseball cap.
Officers arrested a 20-year-old man in New Barn Street, Plaistow, in the early hours of yesterday on suspicion of attempted murder.
You may also want to watch:
He has bailed pending further enquiries to a date in early July.
Det Sgt Andy Norton, from Newham CID, said: “This was a nasty incident that has left the victim with serious injuries.
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 6 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Jarrod Bowen hails West Ham as they dug deep to seal victory over West Brom
- 9 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 10 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
“We would appeal to anyone with information or anyone who witnessed the collision to contact officers at Newham CID as soon as possible.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Newham CID on 020 8217 5881, Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or tweet @MetCC