Man killed in East Ham greenway identified
- Credit: Archant
A man who was killed after being stabbed in a greenway in East Ham has been identified as 29-year-old Mantas Ziedavicius.
Police were called at around 1.30am on Tuesday to reports of a man suffering serious injuries on the greenway next to Lonsdale Avenue.
Officers and London Ambulance attended the incident but Mr Ziedavicius, a Lithuanian national, an agency worker living in Newham, was pronounced dead at the scene.
A post-mortem examination was carried out at East Ham Mortuary yesterday and the cause of death was determined as a stab wound.
Detective Chief Inspector Ken Hughes who is leading the murder investigation said: “At this stage I am appealing for the public’s help - if you saw or heard anything that night then please get in touch with us. “Your information could prove vital in helping us with this investigation.”
You may also want to watch:
Next of kin are aware.
Enquiries continue to establish the full circumstances and no arrests have been made yet.
- 1 Police officer to appear in court after death of man in East Ham
- 2 Clapton Community FC members demand 'Justice for Sami' outside Forest Gate Police Station
- 3 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 4 Stratford School Academy pupil helps launch fund in memory of Prince Philip
- 5 College teacher: Students and teachers 'lose trust' over government's Covid response
- 6 Hammers 'will keep fighting' says Fornals ahead of derby date
- 7 Pupils send 'awe-inspiring' accounts of pandemic into the future with time capsule
- 8 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
Anyone with any information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3863 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Did you know the victim? Leave your tributes with Seema on 020 8477 3879 or email firstname.lastname@example.org