Man kidnapped in broad daylight in East Ham
Police are appealing for witnesses after a man was kidnapped in East Ham.
The 58-year-old victim was leaving Kingsway Pharmacy after a visit to his GP on Barking Road to return to his silver Land Rover Freelander that was parked on St Bartholomew’s Road at 1pm.
Two or three men grabbed him and bundled him into the back of the vehicle, driving into Essex along the A13 and the A127.
The car stopped outside Lloyds TSB bank on London Road, Westcliff at 2.30pm where the victim took the opportunity to escape.
It took police around an hour to trace the vehicle to a garage forecourt in Basildon where officers arrested three men and charged them on Thursday September 27.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Andy Davenport, from the Met’s Specialist Crime Directorate, said: “We have people charged but are still appealing for witnesses to come forward.
“In particular, we would like to talk to customers outside the bank in Westcliff.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 5 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 8 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 9 Win a pair of Carabao Cup tickets to Leyton Orient vs Queens Park Rangers
- 10 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
“We know there were seven or eight people who saw the victim making his escape and we would appeal for them to please contact us.”
Police describe the victim as white and the suspects as black.
Anyone with any further information about this incident is urged to contact the police on 020 7230 8963 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.