East Ham man jailed for role in ‘horrific’ noxious substance attack
- Credit: Met Police
An East Ham man has been jailed for 20 years for his part in a “horrific” attack which saw his victim hit with a brick before having a noxious substance poured over his face.
Snaresbrook Crown Court heard how emergency services were called to Burges Road, East Ham where a man was suffering from burn injuries to his face, arms and torso. When they arrived, members of the public were dousing him with water.
Medics described it as “a devastating chemical injury” for which the resulting treatment was a variety of procedures including skin grafts and the reconstruction of his eyelid.
The police investigation established that three men – including Sahne Mohammed, of Park Avenue - had arrived at Burges Road in a silver coloured Lexus in February 2018 before attacking their victim.
Mohammed, 28, was sentenced on Thursday, August 15 and must serve a minimum of 15 years with the remainder on license.
You may also want to watch:
He had previously been found guilty of throwing a noxious substance with intent to maim, disfigure or cause grievous bodily harm and grievous bodily harm with intent.
Another man was jailed last year for his part in the attack, with a third being charged with offences but dying before the case came to trial.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 West Ham 1 Burnley 0: How the Hammers rated
- 3 Letters: CCTV facial recognition, Covid and tenants' manifesto
- 4 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 7 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 8 Tottenham take Super League spoils at West Ham
- 9 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 10 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
Detective Constable Faye Cook said: “This was a horrific incident which left the victim with serious injuries. This sentencing is the culmination of a lengthy process which has been very trying for him.”