Man injured in Stratford shooting
A man is recovering in hospital after he was shot as he was walking home in Stratford this morning.
The 18-year-old was fired on by another man in a car park off Abbey Road at around 12.30am.
He suffered a wound to his right arm and remains in hospital, where his condition is described as stable.
The suspect, who is described as black, fled the scene in a car after the shooting.
Police are investigating and say they are keeping an open mind regarding any motive.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact Operation Trident on (020) 8217 7377 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 4 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 7 Silvertown, North Woolwich heritage project offers opportunity to history buff
- 8 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 9 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home