Man injured in Stratford shooting
A man is recovering in hospital after he was shot as he was walking home in Stratford this morning.
The 18-year-old was fired on by another man in a car park off Abbey Road at around 12.30am.
He suffered a wound to his right arm and remains in hospital, where his condition is described as stable.
The suspect, who is described as black, fled the scene in a car after the shooting.
Police are investigating and say they are keeping an open mind regarding any motive.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact Operation Trident on (020) 8217 7377 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 2 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 5 Appeal to help find cat missing from Canning Town
- 6 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 7 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
- 8 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 9 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 10 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford