Man in hospital after 'acid attack' inside his home in Beckton
- Credit: Google
A man is in hospital after a corrosive substance was poured over him inside his home.
The police were called at 2.40am this morning (April 23) after reports the victim had been admitted to hospital suffering from burn injuries.
Two males tipped the substance over him after getting into his house in MacGregor Road, Beckton at about 11pm on Thursday night, according to the Met.
A spokesperson for the force said: "The man, who is believed to be aged in his 50s, remains in hospital receiving treatment.
"His condition is not life-threatening."
You may also want to watch:
There have been no arrests and enquiries into the circumstances are ongoing.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley