Man in hospital after 'acid attack' inside his home in Beckton
- Credit: Google
A man is in hospital after a corrosive substance was poured over him inside his home.
The police were called at 2.40am this morning (April 23) after reports the victim had been admitted to hospital suffering from burn injuries.
Two males tipped the substance over him after getting into his house in MacGregor Road, Beckton at about 11pm on Thursday night, according to the Met.
A spokesperson for the force said: "The man, who is believed to be aged in his 50s, remains in hospital receiving treatment.
"His condition is not life-threatening."
You may also want to watch:
There have been no arrests and enquiries into the circumstances are ongoing.
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 5 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 9 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation