Man in hospital after 'acid attack' inside his home in Beckton
- Credit: Google
A man is in hospital after a corrosive substance was poured over him inside his home.
The police were called at 2.40am this morning (April 23) after reports the victim had been admitted to hospital suffering from burn injuries.
Two males tipped the substance over him after getting into his house in MacGregor Road, Beckton at about 11pm on Thursday night, according to the Met.
A spokesperson for the force said: "The man, who is believed to be aged in his 50s, remains in hospital receiving treatment.
"His condition is not life-threatening."
You may also want to watch:
There have been no arrests and enquiries into the circumstances are ongoing.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 4 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 5 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 6 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 7 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 8 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 9 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man