Man in critical condition after North Woolwich assault
- Credit: Google Maps
A man is in a critical condition after being assaulted in North Woolwich.
He was found in Fernhill Street, close to the junction with Albert Road, in the early hours of this morning suffering from head injuries.
The man has been taken to a central London hospital where he remains in a critical condition.
Police, the London Ambulance Service and London's Air Ambulance all attended the scene shortly after midnight and a crime scene remains in place.
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 quoting reference CAD 36/25June or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Children demand action on global warming at Upton Park protest
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley