Poplar man in court charged with murder of Shadika Patel in East Ham
- Credit: Archant
A Poplar man has appeared in court accused of killing a woman in East Ham.
Shadika Mohsin Patel, 40, was stabbed repeatedly in the chest in Altmore Avenue, near the junction with Barking Road, in the early hours of Thursday, March 19.
James Sinclair, 28, also known as Adelani Bepo, was later charged with her murder.
On Wednesday, April 1 he appeared at the Old Bailey via video link from HMP Thameside, in south-east London.
The defendant, of Three Colt Street, Poplar spoke to confirm his identity, as lawyers and court reporters attended the hearing by telephone conference.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Mark Lucraft QC set a plea and case management hearing for June 22 and remanded Sinclair into custody.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 5 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 6 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 9 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 10 Tracey Emin sculpture unveiled at The Line art trail in Three Mills