Poplar man in court charged with murder of Shadika Patel in East Ham
- Credit: Archant
A Poplar man has appeared in court accused of killing a woman in East Ham.
Shadika Mohsin Patel, 40, was stabbed repeatedly in the chest in Altmore Avenue, near the junction with Barking Road, in the early hours of Thursday, March 19.
James Sinclair, 28, also known as Adelani Bepo, was later charged with her murder.
On Wednesday, April 1 he appeared at the Old Bailey via video link from HMP Thameside, in south-east London.
The defendant, of Three Colt Street, Poplar spoke to confirm his identity, as lawyers and court reporters attended the hearing by telephone conference.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Mark Lucraft QC set a plea and case management hearing for June 22 and remanded Sinclair into custody.
- 1 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 3 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 4 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 7 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 8 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 9 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 10 Elections: London mayor and Assembly member, East Ham cllr and referendum