Poplar man in court charged with murder of Shadika Patel in East Ham
- Credit: Archant
A Poplar man has appeared in court accused of killing a woman in East Ham.
Shadika Mohsin Patel, 40, was stabbed repeatedly in the chest in Altmore Avenue, near the junction with Barking Road, in the early hours of Thursday, March 19.
James Sinclair, 28, also known as Adelani Bepo, was later charged with her murder.
On Wednesday, April 1 he appeared at the Old Bailey via video link from HMP Thameside, in south-east London.
The defendant, of Three Colt Street, Poplar spoke to confirm his identity, as lawyers and court reporters attended the hearing by telephone conference.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Mark Lucraft QC set a plea and case management hearing for June 22 and remanded Sinclair into custody.
- 1 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station
- 2 East Ham money laundering suspect arrested in people smuggling probe
- 3 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 4 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 5 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 6 Parking charges, Covid, unneutered cats and driving into London
- 7 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- 8 Plans for special needs hub at Little Ilford School given green light
- 9 Guilty: Men from Forest Gate and East Ham who raped two women during brothel robbery
- 10 Upminster killer boasted about hacking teen to death with machete in street