Man taken to hospital after ‘acid attack’ at Beckton shopping arcade
- Credit: Vickie Flores
A man had a corrosive substance thrown at him in a broad daylight attack at a busy shopping arcade.
Police were called to the Mary Rose Mall in Beckton - which houses an Asda superstore as well as a few smaller shops - at around 12.15pm today.
A police spokeswoman said that neither the victim nor the suspect were on the scene when officers arrived, but that the man who was attacked was later traced and taken to hospital as a precaution.
He is not believed to have suffered serious injuries in the attack.
No arrests have yet been made and enquiries continue to trace the suspect.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 5 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 8 West Ham forward Alisha Lehmann joins Everton on loan
- 9 This is what we want to show everyone says Hammers star Tomas Soucek
- 10 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery