Man taken to hospital after ‘acid attack’ at Beckton shopping arcade
- Credit: Vickie Flores
A man had a corrosive substance thrown at him in a broad daylight attack at a busy shopping arcade.
Police were called to the Mary Rose Mall in Beckton - which houses an Asda superstore as well as a few smaller shops - at around 12.15pm today.
A police spokeswoman said that neither the victim nor the suspect were on the scene when officers arrived, but that the man who was attacked was later traced and taken to hospital as a precaution.
He is not believed to have suffered serious injuries in the attack.
No arrests have yet been made and enquiries continue to trace the suspect.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 2 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 3 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 4 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 5 Newham pubs and bars reopening for outdoor service
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 8 Newham schoolchildren enjoy holiday activities as part of programme pilot
- 9 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing