Man taken to hospital after ‘acid attack’ at Beckton shopping arcade
- Credit: Vickie Flores
A man had a corrosive substance thrown at him in a broad daylight attack at a busy shopping arcade.
Police were called to the Mary Rose Mall in Beckton - which houses an Asda superstore as well as a few smaller shops - at around 12.15pm today.
A police spokeswoman said that neither the victim nor the suspect were on the scene when officers arrived, but that the man who was attacked was later traced and taken to hospital as a precaution.
He is not believed to have suffered serious injuries in the attack.
No arrests have yet been made and enquiries continue to trace the suspect.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 5 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 6 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 7 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 8 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 9 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections