Man has surgery on leg after stabbing in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
A man had to undergo surgery to save his leg after he was attacked by two men in Stratford.
Police were called to reports of a serious assault in Manbey Park Road at around 9.30pm on Sunday July 7.
They found a 21-year-old white man had been stabbed in the leg with a knife by two other men who fled the scene.
He was taken to Newham General Hospital by ambulance and his injuries were so serious that he required surgery.
Detectives are treating the incident as Grievous Bodily Harm (GBH) and they are urging witnesses and people with information to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call the Newham Violent Crime Unit on 020 8275 5711 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 2 Front-runners for Leyton Orient vacancy after Ross Embleton departure
- 3 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house
- 4 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 5 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 6 Eight-year-old girl from Canning Town publishes book to help children with grief
- 7 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 8 Guilty: Men from Forest Gate and East Ham who raped two women during brothel robbery
- 9 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station
- 10 Upminster killer boasted about hacking teen to death with machete in street