Man has surgery on leg after stabbing in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
A man had to undergo surgery to save his leg after he was attacked by two men in Stratford.
Police were called to reports of a serious assault in Manbey Park Road at around 9.30pm on Sunday July 7.
They found a 21-year-old white man had been stabbed in the leg with a knife by two other men who fled the scene.
He was taken to Newham General Hospital by ambulance and his injuries were so serious that he required surgery.
Detectives are treating the incident as Grievous Bodily Harm (GBH) and they are urging witnesses and people with information to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call the Newham Violent Crime Unit on 020 8275 5711 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 3 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 4 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 5 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 6 Primary school recognised for supporting pupils' mental wellbeing
- 7 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 10 Free summer school offers music, fashion, hip hop dance and more