Newham man handed lengthy jail term for rape and assault
- Credit: Archant
A Newham man has been jailed for 13 and a half years for repeatedly raping and assaulting a woman over several months.
Ian David Vacciana, 57, was sentenced at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Monday, March 16.
On February 6 he was found guilty of two counts of grievous bodily harm (GBH) with intent, rape, attempted rape and assault by beating.
The first incident happened in February 2018 when Vacciana attempted to rape the victim in Newham.
Between the summer of 2018 and spring 2019, Vacciana subjected the victim to two serious assaults. He raped her in the July.
You may also want to watch:
Vacciana was arrested on July 24 and charged on July 26.
Detective Constable Sally Ogden, the investigating officer, said: “I’d like to praise the victim for her courage in contacting the police and for supporting our investigation throughout. Her actions have helped to put a dangerous man behind bars.”
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 8 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Stevenage and Leyton Orient still searching for a victory after stalemate at the Lamex