Newham man handed lengthy jail term for rape and assault
- Credit: Archant
A Newham man has been jailed for 13 and a half years for repeatedly raping and assaulting a woman over several months.
Ian David Vacciana, 57, was sentenced at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Monday, March 16.
On February 6 he was found guilty of two counts of grievous bodily harm (GBH) with intent, rape, attempted rape and assault by beating.
The first incident happened in February 2018 when Vacciana attempted to rape the victim in Newham.
Between the summer of 2018 and spring 2019, Vacciana subjected the victim to two serious assaults. He raped her in the July.
You may also want to watch:
Vacciana was arrested on July 24 and charged on July 26.
Detective Constable Sally Ogden, the investigating officer, said: “I’d like to praise the victim for her courage in contacting the police and for supporting our investigation throughout. Her actions have helped to put a dangerous man behind bars.”
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 5 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham