Newham man handed lengthy jail term for rape and assault
- Credit: Archant
A Newham man has been jailed for 13 and a half years for repeatedly raping and assaulting a woman over several months.
Ian David Vacciana, 57, was sentenced at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Monday, March 16.
On February 6 he was found guilty of two counts of grievous bodily harm (GBH) with intent, rape, attempted rape and assault by beating.
The first incident happened in February 2018 when Vacciana attempted to rape the victim in Newham.
Between the summer of 2018 and spring 2019, Vacciana subjected the victim to two serious assaults. He raped her in the July.
You may also want to watch:
Vacciana was arrested on July 24 and charged on July 26.
Detective Constable Sally Ogden, the investigating officer, said: “I’d like to praise the victim for her courage in contacting the police and for supporting our investigation throughout. Her actions have helped to put a dangerous man behind bars.”
- 1 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 4 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 5 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 6 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 7 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 8 Pearce believes camaraderie has given West Ham a chance of making Europe
- 9 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 10 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result