Newham man handed lengthy jail term for rape and assault
- Credit: Archant
A Newham man has been jailed for 13 and a half years for repeatedly raping and assaulting a woman over several months.
Ian David Vacciana, 57, was sentenced at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Monday, March 16.
On February 6 he was found guilty of two counts of grievous bodily harm (GBH) with intent, rape, attempted rape and assault by beating.
The first incident happened in February 2018 when Vacciana attempted to rape the victim in Newham.
Between the summer of 2018 and spring 2019, Vacciana subjected the victim to two serious assaults. He raped her in the July.
You may also want to watch:
Vacciana was arrested on July 24 and charged on July 26.
Detective Constable Sally Ogden, the investigating officer, said: “I’d like to praise the victim for her courage in contacting the police and for supporting our investigation throughout. Her actions have helped to put a dangerous man behind bars.”
- 1 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 2 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 3 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 4 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 5 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 6 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 7 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 8 Newham housing association offers homes to Hackney Council with £10m price tag
- 9 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 10 Stratford dance and music hub gets £700k boost