Newham man handed lengthy jail term for rape and assault
- Credit: Archant
A Newham man has been jailed for 13 and a half years for repeatedly raping and assaulting a woman over several months.
Ian David Vacciana, 57, was sentenced at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Monday, March 16.
On February 6 he was found guilty of two counts of grievous bodily harm (GBH) with intent, rape, attempted rape and assault by beating.
The first incident happened in February 2018 when Vacciana attempted to rape the victim in Newham.
Between the summer of 2018 and spring 2019, Vacciana subjected the victim to two serious assaults. He raped her in the July.
You may also want to watch:
Vacciana was arrested on July 24 and charged on July 26.
Detective Constable Sally Ogden, the investigating officer, said: “I’d like to praise the victim for her courage in contacting the police and for supporting our investigation throughout. Her actions have helped to put a dangerous man behind bars.”
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Fan's column: West Ham are in the mix to battle it out with the big boys
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Mayor vows to continue Newham free school meals scheme
- 7 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 8 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 9 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 10 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving