Canning Town man, 20, arrested after stabbing in Barking station
- Credit: Tom Horton
A man from Canning Town has been arrested on suspicion of actual bodily harm following a stabbing in Barking station.
British Transport Police officers were called to the station at about 4.50pm on Thursday to reports of an assault.
A 23-year-old man, of no fixed address, was arrested on suspicion of actual bodily harm and being drunk and disorderly, and was taken to hospital for a hand injury.
A 20-year-old from Canning Town was also arrested on suspicion of actual bodily harm and a 25-year-old from Euston was arrested on suspicion of grevious bodily harm. All three are in custody.
The British Transport Police officers were assisted by London Ambulance Service crews and Met Police officers.
You may also want to watch:
The station remains open.
Officers are appealing for witnesses. Call the British Transport Police on 0800 405040 quoting reference 433 of 02/08/2018, or text them on 61016. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Flower arranging day brightens Manor Park care home
- 10 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings