Canning Town man, 20, arrested after stabbing in Barking station
- Credit: Tom Horton
A man from Canning Town has been arrested on suspicion of actual bodily harm following a stabbing in Barking station.
British Transport Police officers were called to the station at about 4.50pm on Thursday to reports of an assault.
A 23-year-old man, of no fixed address, was arrested on suspicion of actual bodily harm and being drunk and disorderly, and was taken to hospital for a hand injury.
A 20-year-old from Canning Town was also arrested on suspicion of actual bodily harm and a 25-year-old from Euston was arrested on suspicion of grevious bodily harm. All three are in custody.
The British Transport Police officers were assisted by London Ambulance Service crews and Met Police officers.
You may also want to watch:
The station remains open.
Officers are appealing for witnesses. Call the British Transport Police on 0800 405040 quoting reference 433 of 02/08/2018, or text them on 61016. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 3 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 4 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 6 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 9 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 10 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes