Man found with serious head injuries in East Ham
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A man was found with serious head injuries in East Ham only two days after he entered the country.
Emergency services were called to Roman Road at about 2.50pm on Sunday afternoon where the 42-year-old Lithuanian victim was found suffering with a head injury.
He was taken to an east London hospital, where he remains in a critical condition.
Enquiries revealed the victim had previously been seen trying to get through doors at the location. He entered one address where his behaviour was described as strange.
On returning to the street he was seen trying to get through more doors.
You may also want to watch:
The victim arrived in England from Lithuania around midday on Friday.
He later phoned relatives to confirm his imminent arrival at East Ham train station but his family grew concerned when he did not arrive at the station and reported him missing to police on Saturday.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 5 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 6 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 7 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Brilliant moment for Okoflex as he nets in West Ham's win at Celtic
- 10 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
Family members have confirmed that when they spoke to the victim he advised them of the clothing he was wearing, so it would be easier to find him.
He was described as wearing a grey jacket, blue jeans and blue trainers. He was carrying his passport, a black Nokia mobile phone and two rucksacks containing clothing and a blood pressure machine.
It is thought he only had five Euros on him and nothing else of particular value.
However, when the police found him, he no longer had his belongings on him and was found to be wearing a large luminous green hooded top.
Officers are appealing for witnesses following the incident.
The victim is described as a white Eastern European man, medium build, with short cropped dark hair, which is receding.
Detective Constable Matt Webb, from Newham CID, said: “I would be very keen to hear from anyone who may have seen the victim at any stage between 13 and 14 March.
“I would also like to hear from anyone who may have the victim’s belongings or know of their whereabouts.”
Anyone with any information is asked to call police on 101 quoting reference 5307546/15 or anonymously through Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.