Man found suffering ‘lacerations to his face’ in East Ham
- Credit: Archant
A man is in hospital with deep cuts on his face after an incident in East Ham overnight.
Police were called at 12.43am after the man, believed to be aged in his 50s, was found suffering facial injuries in Wellington Road.
It is believed he "may have been involved in an altercation with another man in Barking Road" before he was found, a Met spokesman said.
Paramedics took the victim to hospital for treatment to "laceration injuries to his face and hand".
His injuries are not considered to be life-threatening or life-changing.
You may also want to watch:
Barking Road remained closed in both directions between Wellington Road and Keppel Road several hours after the incident.
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
- 1 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
- 5 US fried chicken chain Popeyes to open first UK outlet in Stratford
- 6 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 7 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 8 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 9 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 10 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation