Man found suffering ‘lacerations to his face’ in East Ham
- Credit: Archant
A man is in hospital with deep cuts on his face after an incident in East Ham overnight.
Police were called at 12.43am after the man, believed to be aged in his 50s, was found suffering facial injuries in Wellington Road.
It is believed he "may have been involved in an altercation with another man in Barking Road" before he was found, a Met spokesman said.
Paramedics took the victim to hospital for treatment to "laceration injuries to his face and hand".
His injuries are not considered to be life-threatening or life-changing.
You may also want to watch:
Barking Road remained closed in both directions between Wellington Road and Keppel Road several hours after the incident.
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
- 1 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 2 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 3 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 4 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 5 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election
- 6 Silvertown, North Woolwich heritage project offers opportunity to history buff
- 7 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 10 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children