Man dies after East Ham road rage incident
- Credit: Archant
A man has died ten days after he was punched in the head during a fight prompted by road rage.
Police were called to a suspected assault shortly after 3pm on Monday July 15 following a driving dispute in Lonsdale Avenue, East Ham.
The incident escalated from an argument and the victim suffered a serious head injury.
Officers arrested a 19-year-old man the next day and he has been charged with assault. He remains in police custody.
The 50-year-old victim’s condition worsened and he died yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
Investigations continue and the Coroner will open an inquest early next week.
Police are urging witnesses and people with information about the incident to come forward by calling non-emergency number 101, or charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Letter: Targeted response in London to Indian Covid variant
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 West Ham Women bow out of FA Cup at Manchester City
- 4 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 5 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 'Concern over reliability of cladding and fire safety assessments'
- 8 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 9 West Ham boss Moyes not giving up on European dream despite Brighton draw
- 10 Newham to roll out greener fleet as part of £20m plans