Man dies after East Ham road rage incident
- Credit: Archant
A man has died ten days after he was punched in the head during a fight prompted by road rage.
Police were called to a suspected assault shortly after 3pm on Monday July 15 following a driving dispute in Lonsdale Avenue, East Ham.
The incident escalated from an argument and the victim suffered a serious head injury.
Officers arrested a 19-year-old man the next day and he has been charged with assault. He remains in police custody.
The 50-year-old victim’s condition worsened and he died yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
Investigations continue and the Coroner will open an inquest early next week.
Police are urging witnesses and people with information about the incident to come forward by calling non-emergency number 101, or charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 4 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 9 241-home development at Royal Albert Wharf marks 12-storey milestone
- 10 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber