Man dies after East Ham road rage incident
- Credit: Archant
A man has died ten days after he was punched in the head during a fight prompted by road rage.
Police were called to a suspected assault shortly after 3pm on Monday July 15 following a driving dispute in Lonsdale Avenue, East Ham.
The incident escalated from an argument and the victim suffered a serious head injury.
Officers arrested a 19-year-old man the next day and he has been charged with assault. He remains in police custody.
The 50-year-old victim’s condition worsened and he died yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
Investigations continue and the Coroner will open an inquest early next week.
Police are urging witnesses and people with information about the incident to come forward by calling non-emergency number 101, or charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 2 Front-runners for Leyton Orient vacancy after Ross Embleton departure
- 3 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house
- 4 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 5 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 6 Eight-year-old girl from Canning Town publishes book to help children with grief
- 7 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 8 Guilty: Men from Forest Gate and East Ham who raped two women during brothel robbery
- 9 Upminster killer boasted about hacking teen to death with machete in street
- 10 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station