Man dies after East Ham road rage incident
- Credit: Archant
A man has died ten days after he was punched in the head during a fight prompted by road rage.
Police were called to a suspected assault shortly after 3pm on Monday July 15 following a driving dispute in Lonsdale Avenue, East Ham.
The incident escalated from an argument and the victim suffered a serious head injury.
Officers arrested a 19-year-old man the next day and he has been charged with assault. He remains in police custody.
The 50-year-old victim’s condition worsened and he died yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
Investigations continue and the Coroner will open an inquest early next week.
Police are urging witnesses and people with information about the incident to come forward by calling non-emergency number 101, or charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 5 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 6 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 8 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 10 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project