Man dies after accident between car and bus in Manor Park
Police are appealing for witnesses and information following an accident between a car and a bus in Manor Park in which a man died.
The accident happened at around 12.15am yesterday. The car was involved in the accident with the bus in High Street North, near the junction with Romford Road.
The red Ford Ka was travelling north and the late-night double-decker bus was travelling south.
The car contained a woman driver and four passengers, three men and woman.
Scotland Yard said the driver, aged 22, suffered minor injuries. She was arrested on suspicion of driving with excess alcohol, and subsequently causing death by dangerous driving.
You may also want to watch:
She was interviewed at Forest Gate police station and later bailed to return in mid-August pending further inquiries.
One of the rear passengers in the car was pronounced dead at the scene. He was a 29. Police are awaiting formal identification of the man and a post-mortem is to be held.
- 1 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 2 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 3 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 4 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 5 Newham housing association offers homes to Hackney Council with £10m price tag
- 6 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 9 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 10 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
Another rear passenger, a 19-year-old man, was taken to hospital and remains in a serious but stable condition.
The front passenger in the car, a 17-year-old girl was knocked unconscious but suffered only minor injuries.
A third rear seat passenger, a man, left the scene prior to police arrival and is still to be traced.
The bus driver was also taken to hospital but was not seriously injured.
Officers from the Road Death 0nvestigation Unit at Chadwell Heath are appealing to trace witnesses who may have seen the events leading up to the accident, the collision itself and the events that followed
The road was closed for several hours after the accident.
Anyone who can assist should call (020) 8597 4874 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.