Man deliberately knocked down twice in Plaistow hit and run
- Credit: Google Maps
Police are hunting a hit and run driver who knocked a man down deliberately - twice.
The victim, in his 20s, was in Balaam Street, Plaistow, shortly before 9.30pm yesterday when he was approached by two men.
After a conversation, he ran off on foot, while the two men got into a car and followed him.
He was knocked down by the car in Whitwell Road, but the man got up and ran into Barking Road, where he was driven into a second time.
The car, described as a small silver hatchback that may be a Peugeot 207, was then driven off towards Canning Town.
London Ambulance Serice medics found the man in Barking Road, near the Jutland Road junction, and took him to hospital. His injuries are not life-threatening or life-changing.
The two men believed to be in the car are both described as black and around 20 years old.
- 1 'There is a cover-up going on somewhere', says flat death OAP's daughter
- 2 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 3 West Ham need to 'improve everything' for Forest trip says Soucek
- 4 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 5 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 6 Wellens takes positives from Leyton Orient cup exit
- 7 Councils get cash to tackle chewing gum on high streets
- 8 Young children in east London to be offered polio booster jabs
- 9 Ex-nurse laid decomposing 'on display' after Met Police searches missed body in flat
- 10 Coroner slams 'scandalous' failures after woman laid dead for two years
One was around 5ft 7ins tall and of muscular build, and wearing a baseball cap, army vest, jeans and earrings.
The other was around 6ft and of medium build, wearing a hooded top and black tracksuit bottoms.
Officers investigating the incident are treating it as grievous bodily harm with intent.
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
Anyone with information is asked to call Newham CID on 101 quoting CAD 7836/10JUL or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111