Man commits ‘disgusting act’ on train through Newham
- Credit: BTP
Police wish to speak to this man about an indecent act on board a train through Newham.
The incident took place on board the 2.35pm service from Liverpool Street to Shenfield on Tuesday, September 8.
Det Con Sally Everritt said: “Witnesses on the train saw a man performing an indecent act on himself.
“He left at Shenfield, and was seen entering a shop before walking towards Hunter Avenue.”
Detectives have spoken to people who witnessed the incident and are now issuing CCTV images from the train and the station.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Everritt added: “This was a disgusting act, which upset those who witnessed it.
“We will not accept such behaviour on the rail network, and I am glad this was reported to us.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
“I would now ask the public to help with our investigation. I think the man in the images has information about the incident. Who is he?”
Anyone with information is asked to contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting reference ESUB/B4 of 30/09/2015. You can also call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.