Man commits ‘disgusting act’ on train through Newham
- Credit: BTP
Police wish to speak to this man about an indecent act on board a train through Newham.
The incident took place on board the 2.35pm service from Liverpool Street to Shenfield on Tuesday, September 8.
Det Con Sally Everritt said: “Witnesses on the train saw a man performing an indecent act on himself.
“He left at Shenfield, and was seen entering a shop before walking towards Hunter Avenue.”
Detectives have spoken to people who witnessed the incident and are now issuing CCTV images from the train and the station.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Everritt added: “This was a disgusting act, which upset those who witnessed it.
“We will not accept such behaviour on the rail network, and I am glad this was reported to us.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 5 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 Win a pair of Carabao Cup tickets to Leyton Orient vs Queens Park Rangers
- 8 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 9 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 10 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
“I would now ask the public to help with our investigation. I think the man in the images has information about the incident. Who is he?”
Anyone with information is asked to contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting reference ESUB/B4 of 30/09/2015. You can also call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.