Man commits ‘disgusting act’ on train through Newham
- Credit: BTP
Police wish to speak to this man about an indecent act on board a train through Newham.
The incident took place on board the 2.35pm service from Liverpool Street to Shenfield on Tuesday, September 8.
Det Con Sally Everritt said: “Witnesses on the train saw a man performing an indecent act on himself.
“He left at Shenfield, and was seen entering a shop before walking towards Hunter Avenue.”
Detectives have spoken to people who witnessed the incident and are now issuing CCTV images from the train and the station.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Everritt added: “This was a disgusting act, which upset those who witnessed it.
“We will not accept such behaviour on the rail network, and I am glad this was reported to us.
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 5 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 10 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show
“I would now ask the public to help with our investigation. I think the man in the images has information about the incident. Who is he?”
Anyone with information is asked to contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting reference ESUB/B4 of 30/09/2015. You can also call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.