Man commits ‘disgusting act’ on train through Newham
- Credit: BTP
Police wish to speak to this man about an indecent act on board a train through Newham.
The incident took place on board the 2.35pm service from Liverpool Street to Shenfield on Tuesday, September 8.
Det Con Sally Everritt said: “Witnesses on the train saw a man performing an indecent act on himself.
“He left at Shenfield, and was seen entering a shop before walking towards Hunter Avenue.”
Detectives have spoken to people who witnessed the incident and are now issuing CCTV images from the train and the station.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Everritt added: “This was a disgusting act, which upset those who witnessed it.
“We will not accept such behaviour on the rail network, and I am glad this was reported to us.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 8 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton finally gets his man in Dan Kemp
- 10 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
“I would now ask the public to help with our investigation. I think the man in the images has information about the incident. Who is he?”
Anyone with information is asked to contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting reference ESUB/B4 of 30/09/2015. You can also call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.