Man charged with stabbing female JobCentre worker inside Canning Town branch
- Credit: Ken Mears
A man has been charged after a woman was stabbed in Canning Town job centre yesterday.
Erion Hoxha, 34, from North Woolwich, was charged on suspicion of grevious bodily harm, criminal damage, possession of a knife, affray and actual bodily harm.
He was also charged with possession for a knife in a public place and affray for a separate incident on Thursday, March 29.
Police, the London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance were called to reports of an incident in Freemasons Road shortly after midday on Wednesday.
A 27-year-old woman called the police after being stabbed in her back and buttocks. A security guard reportedly threw off her attacker, allowing her to escape.
You may also want to watch:
She was taken to the Royal London Hospital and has since been released.
The victim, from the Docklands, had been working as a work coach at the centre for four weeks.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Letters: CCTV facial recognition, Covid and tenants' manifesto
- 3 West Ham 1 Burnley 0: How the Hammers rated
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 Tottenham take Super League spoils at West Ham
- 6 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 7 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 8 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 9 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 10 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
Police were able to find the man suspected of carrying out the stabbing nearby and used a taser to arrest him. He did not require medical treatment.
A spokesman from the department for work and pensions said: “We can confirm that an incident took place at our Canning Town Jobcentre, April 4.
“A member of staff has been released from hospital following treatment.
“Our priority is the safety of our staff and customers – the jobcentre is open for business as usual.”
Hoxha is in custody and will appear in Snaresbrook Crown Court on May 4.