Man charged with Newham Hospital stabbing
- Credit: Luke Acton
A man has appeared in court accused of stabbing a staff member at Newham University Hospital.
Ibrahim Farah, 27, of Newham, was arrested shortly after the incident, which took place around 5.30am on Wednesday last week.
Following a mental health assessment in police custody he was detained under Section 2 of the Mental Health Act.
He was bailed while further assessments were conducted at a mental health facility, which subsequently determined that he was fit to be charged.
Farah was charged with GBH on Friday, June 14 and appeared at Thames' Magistrates Court the following day where he was remanded in custody.
You may also want to watch:
He will next appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Monday, July 15.
The 50-year-old victim was treated in the Glen Road, Plaistow hospital following the stabbing and was discharged later that day.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 6 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 7 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 Plaistow woman shaves her head for charities
- 10 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford