Man charged with Newham Hospital stabbing
- Credit: Luke Acton
A man has appeared in court accused of stabbing a staff member at Newham University Hospital.
Ibrahim Farah, 27, of Newham, was arrested shortly after the incident, which took place around 5.30am on Wednesday last week.
Following a mental health assessment in police custody he was detained under Section 2 of the Mental Health Act.
He was bailed while further assessments were conducted at a mental health facility, which subsequently determined that he was fit to be charged.
Farah was charged with GBH on Friday, June 14 and appeared at Thames' Magistrates Court the following day where he was remanded in custody.
You may also want to watch:
He will next appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Monday, July 15.
The 50-year-old victim was treated in the Glen Road, Plaistow hospital following the stabbing and was discharged later that day.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 4 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 5 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 6 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 7 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 10 Court date adjourned for Beckton man who sexually assaulted young girl