Man charged with murder of Titu Miah in Plaistow after fight in Plashet Road
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the killing of a 31-year-old man and the stabbing of a 16-year-old boy in a street brawl in Upton Park have charged a man with murder.
It follows the incident on October 12, which resulted in Titu Miah’s death in hospital and the 16-year-old being treated for chest and leg injuries.
Titu, from Plaistow, had turned up in hospital with head injuries that day, but died five days later. Detectives believe he was injured in the stabbing in Plashet Road.
A 23-year-old man, Emdadul Islam, was charged last night with Mr Miah’s murder, Scotland Yard has confirmed.
He is also charged with possessing an offensive weapon and possession with intent to supply controlled drugs and is due to appear in custody at Thames Magistrates’ Court today.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives began an appeal for witnesses following the incident. They urged anyone who may have been in the Plashet Road area at around 3pm on October 12 to call 020-8345 3775, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
Seven or eight Asian youths were involved in a brawl, officers believe. One was treated in hospital and later arrested on suspicion of GBH and violent disorder. Three youths aged 16, 17 and 18 who were arrested were later released under investigation.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 6 Primary school recognised for supporting pupils' mental wellbeing
- 7 Free summer school offers music, fashion, hip hop dance and more
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 10 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford