Man charged with murder of Titu Miah in Plaistow after fight in Plashet Road
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the killing of a 31-year-old man and the stabbing of a 16-year-old boy in a street brawl in Upton Park have charged a man with murder.
It follows the incident on October 12, which resulted in Titu Miah’s death in hospital and the 16-year-old being treated for chest and leg injuries.
Titu, from Plaistow, had turned up in hospital with head injuries that day, but died five days later. Detectives believe he was injured in the stabbing in Plashet Road.
A 23-year-old man, Emdadul Islam, was charged last night with Mr Miah’s murder, Scotland Yard has confirmed.
He is also charged with possessing an offensive weapon and possession with intent to supply controlled drugs and is due to appear in custody at Thames Magistrates’ Court today.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives began an appeal for witnesses following the incident. They urged anyone who may have been in the Plashet Road area at around 3pm on October 12 to call 020-8345 3775, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
Seven or eight Asian youths were involved in a brawl, officers believe. One was treated in hospital and later arrested on suspicion of GBH and violent disorder. Three youths aged 16, 17 and 18 who were arrested were later released under investigation.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 5 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 6 Otas Sarkus: Three men arrested after Upton Park fatal shooting
- 7 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 8 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 9 Protesters target DSEI arms fair at ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 10 Woman arrested on suspicion of murder after man fatally stabbed