Man charged with murder following death in East Ham greenway
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with murder following the death of 29-year-old Mantas Ziedavicius in a greenway in East Ham last week.
Mr Ziedavicius was stabbed in the greenway next to Lonsdale Avenue at around 1.30am last Tuesday.
Officers and London Ambulance attended the incident but Mr Ziedavicius, a Lithuanian national, an agency worker living in Newham, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Pavels Rozkovs, 43, of Hastings has been charged with his murder and has been remanded to appear the Old Bailey on Wednesday.
A 21-year-old man was arrested yesterday and remains in custody pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination was carried out at East Ham Mortuary on Thursday and the cause of death was determined as a stab wound.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3863 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 5 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 6 Lockdown in Newham having a 'positive' effect on Covid-19 case rate
- 7 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 8 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving