Man charged with murder following death in East Ham greenway
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with murder following the death of 29-year-old Mantas Ziedavicius in a greenway in East Ham last week.
Mr Ziedavicius was stabbed in the greenway next to Lonsdale Avenue at around 1.30am last Tuesday.
Officers and London Ambulance attended the incident but Mr Ziedavicius, a Lithuanian national, an agency worker living in Newham, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Pavels Rozkovs, 43, of Hastings has been charged with his murder and has been remanded to appear the Old Bailey on Wednesday.
A 21-year-old man was arrested yesterday and remains in custody pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination was carried out at East Ham Mortuary on Thursday and the cause of death was determined as a stab wound.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3863 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 4 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 5 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show
- 6 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 7 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 8 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 9 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 10 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate