Man charged with murder following death in East Ham greenway
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with murder following the death of 29-year-old Mantas Ziedavicius in a greenway in East Ham last week.
Mr Ziedavicius was stabbed in the greenway next to Lonsdale Avenue at around 1.30am last Tuesday.
Officers and London Ambulance attended the incident but Mr Ziedavicius, a Lithuanian national, an agency worker living in Newham, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Pavels Rozkovs, 43, of Hastings has been charged with his murder and has been remanded to appear the Old Bailey on Wednesday.
A 21-year-old man was arrested yesterday and remains in custody pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination was carried out at East Ham Mortuary on Thursday and the cause of death was determined as a stab wound.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3863 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 3 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 4 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 6 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 7 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Brilliant moment for Okoflex as he nets in West Ham's win at Celtic
- 10 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House