VIDEO: Man beaten in ‘terrifying’ Upton Park doorstep burglary
- Credit: Archant
This chilling video shows the moment a man is violently burgled after answering his front door to a woman he thought was delivering a parcel.
The 69-year-old tries to fend off the first attacker from his doorstep in Lucas Avenue, Upton Park, in CCTV footage of the incident, while the woman, wearing a hi-vis jacket and holding a clipboard, stands idly by.
A second man, whose face is covered by a hood, follows in to the house shortly afterwards and closes the door. The incident took place at about 11.30am on Monday, according to the Met.
Police believe a total of four people entered the victim’s home and robbed him of cash and jewellery. The victim sustained cuts and bruises but was able to raise the alarm after the suspects left.
Det Sgt John Kirby said: “This was a terrifying experience for the man who thankfully suffered relatively minor physical injuries but has been left hugely shaken and understandably frightened.
You may also want to watch:
“I would appeal to anyone who was in the area at the time and may have seen anyone acting suspiciously to call the police.”
One of the male suspects is described as Asian, about 5ft 8in and wearing a blue jacket, blue jeans and a beanie hat.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 5 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 6 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 7 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Brilliant moment for Okoflex as he nets in West Ham's win at Celtic
- 10 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
The woman is described as white, in her early 20s with dark brown or black hair. She is said to have spoken with an eastern European accent.
• Anyone with information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.