Man beaten and stabbed in Custom House
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses who saw a young man beaten then stabbed in Custom House last week.
Officers were called to reports of a serious assault in the footpath between Sophia Road and Sark Walk at around 9pm on Thursday July 4.
They found a black male aged 21 had been stabbed twice in the leg with a knife but the suspects had fled the scene.
The victim was taken to Newham General Hospital by ambulance also suffering from cuts and bruising on his face.
Detectives are treating the incident as Grievous Bodily Harm (GBH) and the man has been released from hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is urged to contact the Newham Violent Crime Unit on 020 8275 5711 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Lockdown in Newham having a 'positive' effect on Covid-19 case rate
- 6 Covid funding boost for Newham homeless and young people charities
- 7 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 8 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 9 West Ham reach Continental Cup last four with win over Durham
- 10 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings