Man beaten and bitten during East Ham burglary
A man was beaten with a metal bar and attacked by a dog after burglars broke into his home in East Ham.
On Monday March 19 at approximately 12.50am, police were called to an address in Bondfield Road, East Ham, E6 to a report of an aggravated burglary.
When police arrived, they were told a light-skinned black male and a black woman who were in possession of a brown Staffordshire bull terrier dog had broken into the address by forcing entry.
The occupier, a 29-year-old man, was beaten with a metal bar and attacked by the dog during the aggravated burglary.
He was taken to an east London hospital by ambulance suffering from a bite wound to his leg, which necessitated a skin graft.
You may also want to watch:
The suspects stole a laptop computer from the address and made off in the direction of Tollgate Road.
The man is described as being of mixed race, 5ft 9in tall, aged 17 or 18-years-old abd if thin build.
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 7 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 8 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 9 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 10 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
The woman is described as being aged between 19 and 21-years-old, of large build with shoulder length black hair, and she was wearing a red striped jacket.
Police are appealing for anyone with information about this incident to call the Robbery Squad at Stratford police station on 020 8217 5086 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
There have been no arrests and the investigation is ongoing.
The victim has since been discharged from hospital.