Man fighting for life after being 'attacked and hit by car' in Canning Town
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A man is fighting for his life after being attacked and hit by a car in Canning Town.
Police officers found the 50-year-old suffering from a head injury after they were called to reports of a disturbance in Butchers Road, Canning Town just after 11pm on Wednesday, April 28.
A Met spokesperson said: "He was taken by the London Ambulance Service to an east London hospital where he remains in a critical condition."
A second man, aged 41, was also treated for a head injury.
The spokesperson said: "At this early stage, it is believed that the 50-year-old man was assaulted before being struck by a car."
Four men have been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm.
They remain in custody at an east London police station, and the Met's enquiries are continuing.
- 1 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 2 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 3 Man dies after falling unwell in Stratford
- 4 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 5 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Newham
- 6 Man held in murder probe after woman fatally stabbed in Custom House
- 7 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
- 8 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 9 'Unexplained': Man dies after being found unresponsive in Plashet Park
- 10 Wanted: Five people Newham police wish to speak to
Anyone with information should call the police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.