Man fighting for life after being 'attacked and hit by car' in Canning Town
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A man is fighting for his life after being attacked and hit by a car in Canning Town.
Police officers found the 50-year-old suffering from a head injury after they were called to reports of a disturbance in Butchers Road, Canning Town just after 11pm on Wednesday, April 28.
A Met spokesperson said: "He was taken by the London Ambulance Service to an east London hospital where he remains in a critical condition."
A second man, aged 41, was also treated for a head injury.
The spokesperson said: "At this early stage, it is believed that the 50-year-old man was assaulted before being struck by a car."
You may also want to watch:
Four men have been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm.
They remain in custody at an east London police station, and the Met's enquiries are continuing.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 5 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 6 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 7 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 8 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 9 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
- 10 Man suffers 'life-changing' injuries in Plaistow bicycle crash
Anyone with information should call the police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.