Man fighting for life after being 'attacked and hit by car' in Canning Town
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A man is fighting for his life after being attacked and hit by a car in Canning Town.
Police officers found the 50-year-old suffering from a head injury after they were called to reports of a disturbance in Butchers Road, Canning Town just after 11pm on Wednesday, April 28.
A Met spokesperson said: "He was taken by the London Ambulance Service to an east London hospital where he remains in a critical condition."
A second man, aged 41, was also treated for a head injury.
The spokesperson said: "At this early stage, it is believed that the 50-year-old man was assaulted before being struck by a car."
You may also want to watch:
Four men have been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm.
They remain in custody at an east London police station, and the Met's enquiries are continuing.
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 6 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 7 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
Anyone with information should call the police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.