Man fighting for life after being 'attacked and hit by car' in Canning Town
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A man is fighting for his life after being attacked and hit by a car in Canning Town.
Police officers found the 50-year-old suffering from a head injury after they were called to reports of a disturbance in Butchers Road, Canning Town just after 11pm on Wednesday, April 28.
A Met spokesperson said: "He was taken by the London Ambulance Service to an east London hospital where he remains in a critical condition."
A second man, aged 41, was also treated for a head injury.
The spokesperson said: "At this early stage, it is believed that the 50-year-old man was assaulted before being struck by a car."
Four men have been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm.
They remain in custody at an east London police station, and the Met's enquiries are continuing.
- 1 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 2 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 3 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 4 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 5 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 6 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 7 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 8 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 9 Man sentenced for illegal subletting of council home
- 10 Beckton man jailed for role in drugs gang after £2m cannabis plants seizure
Anyone with information should call the police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.