Man arrested over East Ham assault on Patricia, 75
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested on suspicion of assault after an elderly woman was left with a broken jaw in an unprovoked attack.
Patricia Beckford, 75, was punched in the face several times during the attack while riding her mobility scooter in Grangewood Street, at 11.45am on Friday, May 16.
A 37-year-old man was arrested on May 24 on suspicion of actual bodily harm.
He has since been bailed to return to a north London police station in early July.
Detective Constable David Pearce from Newham CID said: “Both the victim and her family are deeply shocked by this completely unprovoked assault on a vulnerable elderly lady going about their business.”
Police would still like to hear from any witnesses who have not yet come forward.
Anyone with information should contact Newham CID by calling 101 and quoting reference 5313628/14.
- 1 Revealed: Cause of Plaistow tower block fire which left 5 men in hospital
- 2 60 firefighters deal with Plaistow tower block fire
- 3 Revealed: Cause of terraced houses blaze in East Ham
- 4 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 5 Moncur 'overwhelmed' to join Leyton Orient
- 6 East Ham fire: Terraced houses damaged by blaze as woman treated at scene
- 7 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 8 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 9 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
- 10 Series of failures sees Met Police placed under special measures