Man arrested over East Ham assault on Patricia, 75
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested on suspicion of assault after an elderly woman was left with a broken jaw in an unprovoked attack.
Patricia Beckford, 75, was punched in the face several times during the attack while riding her mobility scooter in Grangewood Street, at 11.45am on Friday, May 16.
A 37-year-old man was arrested on May 24 on suspicion of actual bodily harm.
He has since been bailed to return to a north London police station in early July.
Detective Constable David Pearce from Newham CID said: “Both the victim and her family are deeply shocked by this completely unprovoked assault on a vulnerable elderly lady going about their business.”
You may also want to watch:
Police would still like to hear from any witnesses who have not yet come forward.
Anyone with information should contact Newham CID by calling 101 and quoting reference 5313628/14.
- 1 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 2 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 3 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 4 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 5 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Canning Town charity marks fifth year with tributes to founder
- 8 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 9 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services
- 10 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case