Man arrested over assaults on two pensioners in East Ham
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after two elderly people were assaulted in separate, unprovoked attacks.
The 22-year-old was arrested today on suspicion of GBH.
The first incident happened on Friday, May 16, where a 75-year-old woman sustained a broken jaw.
Patricia Beckford, 75, was travelling on her mobility scooter in Grangewood Street, East Ham, when a man punched her several times in the face before running off.
The second incident happened on Friday on the same road.
You may also want to watch:
A 71-year-old man was punched and kicked in the face several times and is receiving treatment for severe bruising and lacerations to his face, although he has been discharged from hospital.
Police arrested a 37-year-old man on suspicion of ABH on May 24, who has been bailed to return to a north London police station in July.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 5 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 West Ham forward Alisha Lehmann joins Everton on loan
- 8 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 9 This is what we want to show everyone says Hammers star Tomas Soucek
- 10 £10.1m grant strategy approved to support businesses as pandemic continues
Police continue to investigate, and anyone with information relating to either incident should call Newham CID on 020 8217 5804 or 020 8217 5890, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Attack victim, 75, presented with £500 and new scooterPensioner attacked in East Ham in daylight is ‘too scared to leave house’Appeal for witnesses after man, 71, kicked and punched in Upton ParkMan arrested over East Ham assault on Patricia, 75