Man arrested over assaults on two pensioners in East Ham
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after two elderly people were assaulted in separate, unprovoked attacks.
The 22-year-old was arrested today on suspicion of GBH.
The first incident happened on Friday, May 16, where a 75-year-old woman sustained a broken jaw.
Patricia Beckford, 75, was travelling on her mobility scooter in Grangewood Street, East Ham, when a man punched her several times in the face before running off.
The second incident happened on Friday on the same road.
You may also want to watch:
A 71-year-old man was punched and kicked in the face several times and is receiving treatment for severe bruising and lacerations to his face, although he has been discharged from hospital.
Police arrested a 37-year-old man on suspicion of ABH on May 24, who has been bailed to return to a north London police station in July.
- 1 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
- 5 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 6 US fried chicken chain Popeyes to open first UK outlet in Stratford
- 7 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 8 Blind protester jailed for plane stunt at London City Aiport
- 9 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 10 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
Police continue to investigate, and anyone with information relating to either incident should call Newham CID on 020 8217 5804 or 020 8217 5890, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Attack victim, 75, presented with £500 and new scooterPensioner attacked in East Ham in daylight is ‘too scared to leave house’Appeal for witnesses after man, 71, kicked and punched in Upton ParkMan arrested over East Ham assault on Patricia, 75