Man arrested over assaults on two pensioners in East Ham
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after two elderly people were assaulted in separate, unprovoked attacks.
The 22-year-old was arrested today on suspicion of GBH.
The first incident happened on Friday, May 16, where a 75-year-old woman sustained a broken jaw.
Patricia Beckford, 75, was travelling on her mobility scooter in Grangewood Street, East Ham, when a man punched her several times in the face before running off.
The second incident happened on Friday on the same road.
You may also want to watch:
A 71-year-old man was punched and kicked in the face several times and is receiving treatment for severe bruising and lacerations to his face, although he has been discharged from hospital.
Police arrested a 37-year-old man on suspicion of ABH on May 24, who has been bailed to return to a north London police station in July.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 5 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 6 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 7 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Brilliant moment for Okoflex as he nets in West Ham's win at Celtic
- 10 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
Police continue to investigate, and anyone with information relating to either incident should call Newham CID on 020 8217 5804 or 020 8217 5890, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Attack victim, 75, presented with £500 and new scooterPensioner attacked in East Ham in daylight is ‘too scared to leave house’Appeal for witnesses after man, 71, kicked and punched in Upton ParkMan arrested over East Ham assault on Patricia, 75