Man arrested over assaults on two pensioners in East Ham
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after two elderly people were assaulted in separate, unprovoked attacks.
The 22-year-old was arrested today on suspicion of GBH.
The first incident happened on Friday, May 16, where a 75-year-old woman sustained a broken jaw.
Patricia Beckford, 75, was travelling on her mobility scooter in Grangewood Street, East Ham, when a man punched her several times in the face before running off.
The second incident happened on Friday on the same road.
A 71-year-old man was punched and kicked in the face several times and is receiving treatment for severe bruising and lacerations to his face, although he has been discharged from hospital.
Police arrested a 37-year-old man on suspicion of ABH on May 24, who has been bailed to return to a north London police station in July.
- 1 Three in custody over knifepoint robbery in East Ham after foot chase
- 2 Seven men charged following cannabis factory fight
- 3 School which has nine-hour days praised as 'outstanding'
- 4 Tossed cigarette in Chadwell Heath costs Beckton man almost £400
- 5 Boy, 2, injured after 'dog attack' at funfair
- 6 Men jailed after violent beating with steering wheel lock caught on dashcam
- 7 VOTE: Which east London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 8 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in east London
- 9 Remembering speedway at West Ham Stadium 50 years on
- 10 Plaistow police officer to face GBH trial after man left paralysed
Police continue to investigate, and anyone with information relating to either incident should call Newham CID on 020 8217 5804 or 020 8217 5890, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Attack victim, 75, presented with £500 and new scooterPensioner attacked in East Ham in daylight is ‘too scared to leave house’Appeal for witnesses after man, 71, kicked and punched in Upton ParkMan arrested over East Ham assault on Patricia, 75