Man arrested over assaults on two pensioners in East Ham
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after two elderly people were assaulted in separate, unprovoked attacks.
The 22-year-old was arrested today on suspicion of GBH.
The first incident happened on Friday, May 16, where a 75-year-old woman sustained a broken jaw.
Patricia Beckford, 75, was travelling on her mobility scooter in Grangewood Street, East Ham, when a man punched her several times in the face before running off.
The second incident happened on Friday on the same road.
You may also want to watch:
A 71-year-old man was punched and kicked in the face several times and is receiving treatment for severe bruising and lacerations to his face, although he has been discharged from hospital.
Police arrested a 37-year-old man on suspicion of ABH on May 24, who has been bailed to return to a north London police station in July.
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 There's huge belief in the team insists West Ham loanee Jesse Lingard
- 3 Player ratings: Lingard and Bowen guide Hammers back into the top four
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 West Ham boss Moyes hailed players in Leicester City victory
- 6 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 7 Elections, Ron Dyer, Islamophobia and Covid
- 8 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 9 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 10 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
Police continue to investigate, and anyone with information relating to either incident should call Newham CID on 020 8217 5804 or 020 8217 5890, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Attack victim, 75, presented with £500 and new scooterPensioner attacked in East Ham in daylight is ‘too scared to leave house’Appeal for witnesses after man, 71, kicked and punched in Upton ParkMan arrested over East Ham assault on Patricia, 75