Man, 18, arrested on suspicion of murder after East Ham stabbing
- Credit: Google Maps
A man has been arrested by detectives investigating a fatal stabbing.
Officers arrested the 18-year-old on suspicion of murder at an address in Newham just after 11pm yesterday.
Police were called to Stondon Walk, East Ham, at 3.18pm on Tuesday, December 29 following reports of an attack on a man.
Police and paramedics found the 28-year-old had been stabbed. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
His next of kin have been informed and are being supported by specialist officers.
Det Sgt Fenton Davis, from the Met’s Specialist Crime Command (Homicide), said: “This arrest is positive progress but we are still in the very early stages of our investigation.
"This took place in daylight, in a residential area, at a time when we know many people were in their homes.
- 1 Man held in murder probe after woman fatally stabbed in Custom House
- 2 'Unexplained': Man dies after being found unresponsive in Plashet Park
- 3 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Newham
- 4 Man allegedly commits GBH after robbing bottles of champagne from Tesco
- 5 Wanted: Five people Newham police wish to speak to
- 6 Schools and staff across east London up for national awards
- 7 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Teenager from Newham found safe and well
- 10 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
“I believe there will be people in the community who either saw, heard or know something about this incident.
"They hold the key to helping us bring those responsible to justice and I would appeal for them to come forward.”
Anyone who witnessed the incident or who knows anything about what happened should call 101 or tweet @MetCC, quoting CAD 3667/29DEC.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.