Man, 18, arrested on suspicion of murder after East Ham stabbing
- Credit: Google Maps
A man has been arrested by detectives investigating a fatal stabbing.
Officers arrested the 18-year-old on suspicion of murder at an address in Newham just after 11pm yesterday.
Police were called to Stondon Walk, East Ham, at 3.18pm on Tuesday, December 29 following reports of an attack on a man.
Police and paramedics found the 28-year-old had been stabbed. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
His next of kin have been informed and are being supported by specialist officers.
Det Sgt Fenton Davis, from the Met’s Specialist Crime Command (Homicide), said: “This arrest is positive progress but we are still in the very early stages of our investigation.
"This took place in daylight, in a residential area, at a time when we know many people were in their homes.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 5 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 6 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 9 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
“I believe there will be people in the community who either saw, heard or know something about this incident.
"They hold the key to helping us bring those responsible to justice and I would appeal for them to come forward.”
Anyone who witnessed the incident or who knows anything about what happened should call 101 or tweet @MetCC, quoting CAD 3667/29DEC.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.