Suspected drug driver from Stratford arrested in Colchester during lockdown
- Credit: Google Maps
A man from Stratford has been arrested on suspicion of drug driving offences in Colchester.
The 25-year-old was stopped in the Essex town yesterday (Tuesday, May 5).
He is among six men - the other five being from Essex - to remain under investigation following operations in Colchester and Clacton to stop suspected drug drivers.
Chief Inspector Lily Benbow said: “These arrests clearly show that we’re taking action to deal with road crime within our communities.
“Don’t think we’re not out there and that you won’t be stopped. We have officers in plain clothes and in unmarked vehicles ready to take action.”
You may also want to watch:
If you have concerns about a drink or drug driver, call 999 in an emergency or phone the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 5 West Ham boss Moyes believes they have plenty more to come after Palace victory
- 6 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 7 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money