Suspected drug driver from Stratford arrested in Colchester during lockdown
- Credit: Google Maps
A man from Stratford has been arrested on suspicion of drug driving offences in Colchester.
The 25-year-old was stopped in the Essex town yesterday (Tuesday, May 5).
He is among six men - the other five being from Essex - to remain under investigation following operations in Colchester and Clacton to stop suspected drug drivers.
Chief Inspector Lily Benbow said: “These arrests clearly show that we’re taking action to deal with road crime within our communities.
“Don’t think we’re not out there and that you won’t be stopped. We have officers in plain clothes and in unmarked vehicles ready to take action.”
You may also want to watch:
If you have concerns about a drink or drug driver, call 999 in an emergency or phone the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 6 Primary school recognised for supporting pupils' mental wellbeing
- 7 Free summer school offers music, fashion, hip hop dance and more
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 10 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford