Man arrested on suspicion of Stratford church arson attacks
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating a series of fires at churches have arrested a man on suspicion of arson.
The 27-year-old was initially arrested yesterday evening (Monday) on suspicion of burglary and possession of a bladed article.
He was then further arrested on suspicion of arson and criminal damage, and currently remains in custody at an east London police station.
Police investigating fires at four churches - two in Stratford and two in Leytonstone - have said they are keeping an open mind as to the motive and whether there is any hate crime element to the incidents.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 quoting CAD2459/19JUN or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
You may also want to watch:
You can also call Crimestoppers anonymously via 0800 555 111.
- 1 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 2 Front-runners for Leyton Orient vacancy after Ross Embleton departure
- 3 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house
- 4 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 5 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 6 Eight-year-old girl from Canning Town publishes book to help children with grief
- 7 Guilty: Men from Forest Gate and East Ham who raped two women during brothel robbery
- 8 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 9 Upminster killer boasted about hacking teen to death with machete in street
- 10 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station