Man arrested after woman's body found in Forest Gate on Boxing Day
- Credit: MPS
A man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a woman's body was found in Forest Gate on Boxing Day.
Police were called to Earlham Grove at 11.56am yesterday - Sunday, December 26 - after concerns were raised for the welfare of an occupant.
The body of a woman, believed aged in her 20s, was found at the address.
A 26-year-old man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of murder - he remains in custody.
At this stage, the arrested man and the deceased are thought to have been known to each other.
Officers are working to establish the woman's identity and inform next of kin.
A post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course.
- 1 Newham A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 2 Colleges offer 'alternative paths' towards fruitful careers, principal says
- 3 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 4 West Ham United reveal Thames Ironworks-inspired third kit
- 5 Kehrer can 'bring a number of things' to West Ham United
- 6 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 7 West Ham United tie is big deal for Danes warns Reid
- 8 Thames Water: Hosepipe ban announced for London and Thames Valley
- 9 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 10 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
Homicide detectives from the Met's specialist crime command are investigating, with enquiries ongoing to establish the circumstances.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 or tweet @MetCC and quote CAD2000/26Dec.
You can also speak to the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.