Man arrested after incident on balcony of Stratford tower block
- Credit: Archant
Police have arrested a man this-afternoon at a tower block in east London after reports that someone was threatening to jump from a high-rise balcony.
They were called to Stratford’s Brimstone House, known as the Focus E15 hostel for young singles in Victoria Street, off West Ham Lane, about 4pm this-afternoon.
Worried neighbours dialled 999 when they saw a man threatening to jump from the balcony of one of the bedsit apartments in the block.
Officers burst into the flat and are reported to have used a taser during the operation.
A man was arrested at the scene following a domestic incident and has been detained at a nearby police station in connection with allegations of ABH, Scotland Yard has confirmed.
You may also want to watch:
The man was treated by an ambulance crew, which was also called to the scene, before being taken away in a police car, it is understood.
The building, owned by East Thames Housing, has bedsit apartments occupied by single youngsters.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 8 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
- 9 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Embleton finally gets his man in Dan Kemp
It was the scene of a mystery death last month when a man was said to have been found hanged from a balcony, according to neighbours.