Man arrested after incident on balcony of Stratford tower block
- Credit: Archant
Police have arrested a man this-afternoon at a tower block in east London after reports that someone was threatening to jump from a high-rise balcony.
They were called to Stratford’s Brimstone House, known as the Focus E15 hostel for young singles in Victoria Street, off West Ham Lane, about 4pm this-afternoon.
Worried neighbours dialled 999 when they saw a man threatening to jump from the balcony of one of the bedsit apartments in the block.
Officers burst into the flat and are reported to have used a taser during the operation.
A man was arrested at the scene following a domestic incident and has been detained at a nearby police station in connection with allegations of ABH, Scotland Yard has confirmed.
You may also want to watch:
The man was treated by an ambulance crew, which was also called to the scene, before being taken away in a police car, it is understood.
The building, owned by East Thames Housing, has bedsit apartments occupied by single youngsters.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 4 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
It was the scene of a mystery death last month when a man was said to have been found hanged from a balcony, according to neighbours.