Man arrested after incident on balcony of Stratford tower block
- Credit: Archant
Police have arrested a man this-afternoon at a tower block in east London after reports that someone was threatening to jump from a high-rise balcony.
They were called to Stratford’s Brimstone House, known as the Focus E15 hostel for young singles in Victoria Street, off West Ham Lane, about 4pm this-afternoon.
Worried neighbours dialled 999 when they saw a man threatening to jump from the balcony of one of the bedsit apartments in the block.
Officers burst into the flat and are reported to have used a taser during the operation.
A man was arrested at the scene following a domestic incident and has been detained at a nearby police station in connection with allegations of ABH, Scotland Yard has confirmed.
You may also want to watch:
The man was treated by an ambulance crew, which was also called to the scene, before being taken away in a police car, it is understood.
The building, owned by East Thames Housing, has bedsit apartments occupied by single youngsters.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 5 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 6 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 9 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
It was the scene of a mystery death last month when a man was said to have been found hanged from a balcony, according to neighbours.