Man arrested after incident on balcony of Stratford tower block
- Credit: Archant
Police have arrested a man this-afternoon at a tower block in east London after reports that someone was threatening to jump from a high-rise balcony.
They were called to Stratford’s Brimstone House, known as the Focus E15 hostel for young singles in Victoria Street, off West Ham Lane, about 4pm this-afternoon.
Worried neighbours dialled 999 when they saw a man threatening to jump from the balcony of one of the bedsit apartments in the block.
Officers burst into the flat and are reported to have used a taser during the operation.
A man was arrested at the scene following a domestic incident and has been detained at a nearby police station in connection with allegations of ABH, Scotland Yard has confirmed.
The man was treated by an ambulance crew, which was also called to the scene, before being taken away in a police car, it is understood.
The building, owned by East Thames Housing, has bedsit apartments occupied by single youngsters.
- 1 'Suspicious' Forest Gate construction fire under investigation
- 2 Wanted: Five people Newham police wish to speak to
- 3 Teenager from Newham found safe and well
- 4 'Never limit ourselves': Newham dance school reaches 18 years of success
- 5 The ex-gang member who turned from crime to become a pastor mentoring young people
- 6 Burglars jailed for violent Upminster burglary where boy, 11, was shot
- 7 Gainsborough Avenue stabbing: 14-year-old boy charged
- 8 Pensioner dies after being critically injured in East Ham crash
- 9 Third straight win takes Newham top of the table
- 10 Two arrests after multi-vehicle crash on Barking Road
It was the scene of a mystery death last month when a man was said to have been found hanged from a balcony, according to neighbours.