Man arrested after incident on balcony of Stratford tower block
- Credit: Archant
Police have arrested a man this-afternoon at a tower block in east London after reports that someone was threatening to jump from a high-rise balcony.
They were called to Stratford’s Brimstone House, known as the Focus E15 hostel for young singles in Victoria Street, off West Ham Lane, about 4pm this-afternoon.
Worried neighbours dialled 999 when they saw a man threatening to jump from the balcony of one of the bedsit apartments in the block.
Officers burst into the flat and are reported to have used a taser during the operation.
A man was arrested at the scene following a domestic incident and has been detained at a nearby police station in connection with allegations of ABH, Scotland Yard has confirmed.
You may also want to watch:
The man was treated by an ambulance crew, which was also called to the scene, before being taken away in a police car, it is understood.
The building, owned by East Thames Housing, has bedsit apartments occupied by single youngsters.
- 1 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 2 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 3 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 4 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 5 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 6 Call The Midwife stars meet Bonny Downs staff and families
- 7 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 8 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 9 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 10 WSL: West Ham 0 Aston Villa 0
It was the scene of a mystery death last month when a man was said to have been found hanged from a balcony, according to neighbours.