Man arrested after alleged assault at Upton Park station
- Credit: Archant
A 33-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of assault at a tube station.
British Transport Police made the arrest after a video was brought to their attention of an incident at Upton Park station at about 3.40pm on Monday.
Social media sites have circulated an alleged video of the attack in which a man is seen to approach two seated commuters before punching one of them, a man.
The woman, who is sat next to the victim, is then seen chasing the attacker off the tube and down the platform at Upton Park station.
Since the video emerged, a man has been arrested on suspicion of “assault occasioning ABH and using threatening/abusive words/behaviour or disorderly behaviour likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress”.
You may also want to watch:
He was originally bailed until November 14 and re-bailed until December 5.
Anyone with information is asked to contact British Transport Police on 0800 405 040 quoting ref 554 18/10/16.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 3 West Ham sign World Cup-winning goalkeeper Alphonse Areola on loan
- 4 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 5 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 6 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 8 'Life-saving' service at Canning Town homeless charity scoops £150k
- 9 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections