Man arrested after alleged assault at Upton Park station
- Credit: Archant
A 33-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of assault at a tube station.
British Transport Police made the arrest after a video was brought to their attention of an incident at Upton Park station at about 3.40pm on Monday.
Social media sites have circulated an alleged video of the attack in which a man is seen to approach two seated commuters before punching one of them, a man.
The woman, who is sat next to the victim, is then seen chasing the attacker off the tube and down the platform at Upton Park station.
Since the video emerged, a man has been arrested on suspicion of “assault occasioning ABH and using threatening/abusive words/behaviour or disorderly behaviour likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress”.
You may also want to watch:
He was originally bailed until November 14 and re-bailed until December 5.
Anyone with information is asked to contact British Transport Police on 0800 405 040 quoting ref 554 18/10/16.
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 5 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 6 Lockdown in Newham having a 'positive' effect on Covid-19 case rate
- 7 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 8 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving