Man arrested after alleged assault at Upton Park station
- Credit: Archant
A 33-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of assault at a tube station.
British Transport Police made the arrest after a video was brought to their attention of an incident at Upton Park station at about 3.40pm on Monday.
Social media sites have circulated an alleged video of the attack in which a man is seen to approach two seated commuters before punching one of them, a man.
The woman, who is sat next to the victim, is then seen chasing the attacker off the tube and down the platform at Upton Park station.
Since the video emerged, a man has been arrested on suspicion of “assault occasioning ABH and using threatening/abusive words/behaviour or disorderly behaviour likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress”.
You may also want to watch:
He was originally bailed until November 14 and re-bailed until December 5.
Anyone with information is asked to contact British Transport Police on 0800 405 040 quoting ref 554 18/10/16.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 4 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Newcastle's late Willock winner hits West Ham hopes
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing