Man accused of murder of unidentified male found in Beckton
Man in court on murder charge
A man is to appear in court this morning accused of murdering an unidentified man in Beckton.
Giedrius Valaitis, 39, of no fixed abode was charged with the murder last night, Scotland Yard have said.
He accused of murdering the man in Spur Road, Beckton, on or before August 12.
He appears in custody at Thames Magistrates’ Court this morning.
You may also want to watch:
The charge relates to the killing of a man whose body was found in land off Spur Road, Beckton, a week ago, Saturday August 18.
The body was found in undergrowth. Officers were called after a member of the public made the grisly discovery at just after 3.20pm. It was on wasteland off Spur Road and Jenkins Lane by the A13 Newham Way, near the Showcase Cinema and restaurants in Beckton.
- 1 Things to do in east London this weekend (August 7-8)
- 2 Man, 19, arrested in Newham during proactive police patrol
- 3 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 4 Junior Jah: Police release image of stolen car used in Custom House fatal attack
- 5 Cannabis factory discovered by firefighters tackling blaze in Upton Park
- 6 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 7 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Excess death rates in Newham among highest in England and Wales, figures show
- 10 'Beautiful' meadow blossoms at Wanstead Flats a year after Covid-19 mortuary removed
A Scotland Yard spokesman said the dead man is believed to be a Lithuanian male aged in his late 40’s.
They are still trying to find his relatives.