Man accused of murder of unidentified male found in Beckton
Man in court on murder charge
A man is to appear in court this morning accused of murdering an unidentified man in Beckton.
Giedrius Valaitis, 39, of no fixed abode was charged with the murder last night, Scotland Yard have said.
He accused of murdering the man in Spur Road, Beckton, on or before August 12.
He appears in custody at Thames Magistrates’ Court this morning.
You may also want to watch:
The charge relates to the killing of a man whose body was found in land off Spur Road, Beckton, a week ago, Saturday August 18.
The body was found in undergrowth. Officers were called after a member of the public made the grisly discovery at just after 3.20pm. It was on wasteland off Spur Road and Jenkins Lane by the A13 Newham Way, near the Showcase Cinema and restaurants in Beckton.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 4 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Newcastle's late Willock winner hits West Ham hopes
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
A Scotland Yard spokesman said the dead man is believed to be a Lithuanian male aged in his late 40’s.
They are still trying to find his relatives.