Man accused of murder of unidentified male found in Beckton
Man in court on murder charge
A man is to appear in court this morning accused of murdering an unidentified man in Beckton.
Giedrius Valaitis, 39, of no fixed abode was charged with the murder last night, Scotland Yard have said.
He accused of murdering the man in Spur Road, Beckton, on or before August 12.
He appears in custody at Thames Magistrates’ Court this morning.
You may also want to watch:
The charge relates to the killing of a man whose body was found in land off Spur Road, Beckton, a week ago, Saturday August 18.
The body was found in undergrowth. Officers were called after a member of the public made the grisly discovery at just after 3.20pm. It was on wasteland off Spur Road and Jenkins Lane by the A13 Newham Way, near the Showcase Cinema and restaurants in Beckton.
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 6 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Jarrod Bowen hails West Ham as they dug deep to seal victory over West Brom
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
A Scotland Yard spokesman said the dead man is believed to be a Lithuanian male aged in his late 40’s.
They are still trying to find his relatives.