Man accused of murder of unidentified male found in Beckton
Man in court on murder charge
A man is to appear in court this morning accused of murdering an unidentified man in Beckton.
Giedrius Valaitis, 39, of no fixed abode was charged with the murder last night, Scotland Yard have said.
He accused of murdering the man in Spur Road, Beckton, on or before August 12.
He appears in custody at Thames Magistrates’ Court this morning.
The charge relates to the killing of a man whose body was found in land off Spur Road, Beckton, a week ago, Saturday August 18.
The body was found in undergrowth. Officers were called after a member of the public made the grisly discovery at just after 3.20pm. It was on wasteland off Spur Road and Jenkins Lane by the A13 Newham Way, near the Showcase Cinema and restaurants in Beckton.
- 1 60 firefighters deal with Plaistow tower block fire
- 2 Revealed: Cause of Plaistow tower block fire which left 5 men in hospital
- 3 Revealed: Cause of terraced houses blaze in East Ham
- 4 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 5 Moncur 'overwhelmed' to join Leyton Orient
- 6 East Ham fire: Terraced houses damaged by blaze as woman treated at scene
- 7 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 8 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 9 Series of failures sees Met Police placed under special measures
- 10 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
A Scotland Yard spokesman said the dead man is believed to be a Lithuanian male aged in his late 40’s.
They are still trying to find his relatives.