Man accused of assaulting pensioners in East Ham lived with sick gran
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A man accused of assaulting three people – including two pensioners – moved home to help take care of his sick gran, a court heard today.
Kyrone Joseph, 23, of East Ham faces four counts of GBH, one count of wounding with intent and one count of unlawful wounding, at Snaresbrook Crown Court after three people were attacked in separate incidents in East Ham between May and June last year.
Joseph is alleged to have assaulted 75-year-old Patricia Beckford in Grangewood Street on May 16, a 71-year-old man in the same road on June 20 and a woman in Balaam Street on May 21.
The jury heard how the accused told officers during an interview shortly after his arrest that he had moved to Victoria Avenue, East Ham, from Harrow, “to stay with family” after his gran had fallen sick. He also said he knew nothing about the attacks.
The court heard that Joseph had moved to the area only a month before the three attacks took place.
You may also want to watch:
Officers arrested unemployed Joseph in June last year after they noticed him walking along Green Street and matched him to the description of the wanted suspect, jurors were told.
CCTV footage also showed that Joseph had been wearing the same dark tracksuit bottoms with white stripes on the day of his arrest as the suspect who had attacked the elderly man.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 5 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 6 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 7 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 8 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
- 9 Man suffers 'life-changing' injuries in Plaistow bicycle crash
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection
Joseph denies all the charges against him.
The trial continues.