Man, 74, robbed by women in Manor Park
A 74-year-old man was robbed by two women in Manor Park as he tried to give them directions.
The robbers got out of a black Volkswagen car as the man walked along Sheringham Avenue.
As one woman asked for directions the second walked behind him and snatched his gold chain from around his neck.
There was a struggle but both women – white and of Mediterranean appearance – got back into the car which drove off on Monday, June 4 at around 3.30pm.
Anyone with information can call Newham Robbery Squad on 020 8217 5086 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
You may also want to watch:
Crime prevention officer Andy Whitfield said: “The chance that this will ever happen to you is quite small, but you should be aware of what you can do, and should do, to keep yourself and your property safe.”
n Make sure jewellery is not visible.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 5 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 8 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 9 Win a pair of Carabao Cup tickets to Leyton Orient vs Queens Park Rangers
- 10 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
n Do not travel alone if possible.
n Plan your journey and consider using a minicab or taxi.
n Avoid dark or deserted areas at night.
n Be aware of your surroundings and stay alert.
n Have your keys ready before you get home so that you can unlock your home and enter.
n What may to you look like a simple piece of jewellery could be potential cash to an opportunist robber.