Man, 74, robbed by women in Manor Park
A 74-year-old man was robbed by two women in Manor Park as he tried to give them directions.
The robbers got out of a black Volkswagen car as the man walked along Sheringham Avenue.
As one woman asked for directions the second walked behind him and snatched his gold chain from around his neck.
There was a struggle but both women – white and of Mediterranean appearance – got back into the car which drove off on Monday, June 4 at around 3.30pm.
Anyone with information can call Newham Robbery Squad on 020 8217 5086 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
You may also want to watch:
Crime prevention officer Andy Whitfield said: “The chance that this will ever happen to you is quite small, but you should be aware of what you can do, and should do, to keep yourself and your property safe.”
n Make sure jewellery is not visible.
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 6 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Jarrod Bowen hails West Ham as they dug deep to seal victory over West Brom
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
n Do not travel alone if possible.
n Plan your journey and consider using a minicab or taxi.
n Avoid dark or deserted areas at night.
n Be aware of your surroundings and stay alert.
n Have your keys ready before you get home so that you can unlock your home and enter.
n What may to you look like a simple piece of jewellery could be potential cash to an opportunist robber.