Man, 74, robbed by women in Manor Park
A 74-year-old man was robbed by two women in Manor Park as he tried to give them directions.
The robbers got out of a black Volkswagen car as the man walked along Sheringham Avenue.
As one woman asked for directions the second walked behind him and snatched his gold chain from around his neck.
There was a struggle but both women – white and of Mediterranean appearance – got back into the car which drove off on Monday, June 4 at around 3.30pm.
Anyone with information can call Newham Robbery Squad on 020 8217 5086 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
You may also want to watch:
Crime prevention officer Andy Whitfield said: “The chance that this will ever happen to you is quite small, but you should be aware of what you can do, and should do, to keep yourself and your property safe.”
n Make sure jewellery is not visible.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Women's FA Cup: West Ham 11 Chichester & Selsey 0
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
n Do not travel alone if possible.
n Plan your journey and consider using a minicab or taxi.
n Avoid dark or deserted areas at night.
n Be aware of your surroundings and stay alert.
n Have your keys ready before you get home so that you can unlock your home and enter.
n What may to you look like a simple piece of jewellery could be potential cash to an opportunist robber.