Man, 28, seriously stabbed in Stratford after trying to save friend in fight
- Credit: Archant
A man suffered serious stab wounds after coming to the aid of a friend fighting a group of men in Stratford.
The victim, 28, was found collapsed in The Grove shortly after midnight on Sunday after he was knifed in the stomach.
He remains in hospital with life-changing injuries but his condition is said to be stable.
Police said the man was called to Maryland Point by a friend who was having an altercation with a group of men.
He was then stabbed by the suspect who is described as black, aged in his early 20s and wearing dark clothing.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Jon Saddington said: “The victim is still in hospital after this attack and is likely to have life-changing injuries.
“I would appeal to anyone who saw the attack or the events leading up to it to call police.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 6 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 9 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 10 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
“We need to understand what has happened and we need to catch whoever was responsible for this attack.”
Anyone with information should contact police on 101, via Twitter @MetCC or anonymously through Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.