Man, 28, seriously stabbed in Stratford after trying to save friend in fight
- Credit: Archant
A man suffered serious stab wounds after coming to the aid of a friend fighting a group of men in Stratford.
The victim, 28, was found collapsed in The Grove shortly after midnight on Sunday after he was knifed in the stomach.
He remains in hospital with life-changing injuries but his condition is said to be stable.
Police said the man was called to Maryland Point by a friend who was having an altercation with a group of men.
He was then stabbed by the suspect who is described as black, aged in his early 20s and wearing dark clothing.
Det Con Jon Saddington said: “The victim is still in hospital after this attack and is likely to have life-changing injuries.
“I would appeal to anyone who saw the attack or the events leading up to it to call police.
- 1 Colleges offer 'alternative paths' towards fruitful careers, principal says
- 2 Newham A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 3 West Ham United reveal Thames Ironworks-inspired third kit
- 4 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 5 Recap: Tree on the tracks disrupts London, Stansted and Cambridge trains
- 6 West Ham United tie is big deal for Danes warns Reid
- 7 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 8 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 9 Thames Water: Hosepipe ban announced for London and Thames Valley
- 10 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
“We need to understand what has happened and we need to catch whoever was responsible for this attack.”
Anyone with information should contact police on 101, via Twitter @MetCC or anonymously through Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.