Man, 28, seriously stabbed in Stratford after trying to save friend in fight
- Credit: Archant
A man suffered serious stab wounds after coming to the aid of a friend fighting a group of men in Stratford.
The victim, 28, was found collapsed in The Grove shortly after midnight on Sunday after he was knifed in the stomach.
He remains in hospital with life-changing injuries but his condition is said to be stable.
Police said the man was called to Maryland Point by a friend who was having an altercation with a group of men.
He was then stabbed by the suspect who is described as black, aged in his early 20s and wearing dark clothing.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Jon Saddington said: “The victim is still in hospital after this attack and is likely to have life-changing injuries.
“I would appeal to anyone who saw the attack or the events leading up to it to call police.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 5 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 West Ham forward Alisha Lehmann joins Everton on loan
- 8 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 9 This is what we want to show everyone says Hammers star Tomas Soucek
- 10 £10.1m grant strategy approved to support businesses as pandemic continues
“We need to understand what has happened and we need to catch whoever was responsible for this attack.”
Anyone with information should contact police on 101, via Twitter @MetCC or anonymously through Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.