Man, 28, seriously stabbed in Stratford after trying to save friend in fight
- Credit: Archant
A man suffered serious stab wounds after coming to the aid of a friend fighting a group of men in Stratford.
The victim, 28, was found collapsed in The Grove shortly after midnight on Sunday after he was knifed in the stomach.
He remains in hospital with life-changing injuries but his condition is said to be stable.
Police said the man was called to Maryland Point by a friend who was having an altercation with a group of men.
He was then stabbed by the suspect who is described as black, aged in his early 20s and wearing dark clothing.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Jon Saddington said: “The victim is still in hospital after this attack and is likely to have life-changing injuries.
“I would appeal to anyone who saw the attack or the events leading up to it to call police.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 6 Primary school recognised for supporting pupils' mental wellbeing
- 7 Free summer school offers music, fashion, hip hop dance and more
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 10 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
“We need to understand what has happened and we need to catch whoever was responsible for this attack.”
Anyone with information should contact police on 101, via Twitter @MetCC or anonymously through Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.