Man, 25, charged with assault following alleged attack on two police officers in Manor Park
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with assault following an alleged attack on two police officers in Manor Park.
Nanikitomisa Mpelenda, 25, of Huxley Road, Leyton, was charged with assault, obstruction, possession of an imitation firearm and using a motor vehicle without insurance.
He is due to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Friday, September 14.
He remains in custody.
Officers from the Met’s Violent Crime Task Force stopped a vehicle at about 4.30pm in Romford Road on Thursday, August 16.
You may also want to watch:
Two police officers sustained injuries that led to them going to hospital after a brief incident.
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 4 Fan's column: West Ham are in the mix to battle it out with the big boys
- 5 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 6 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 7 Mayor vows to continue Newham free school meals scheme
- 8 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 Letters: CCTV facial recognition, Covid and tenants' manifesto