Man, 25, charged with assault following alleged attack on two police officers in Manor Park
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with assault following an alleged attack on two police officers in Manor Park.
Nanikitomisa Mpelenda, 25, of Huxley Road, Leyton, was charged with assault, obstruction, possession of an imitation firearm and using a motor vehicle without insurance.
He is due to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Friday, September 14.
He remains in custody.
Officers from the Met’s Violent Crime Task Force stopped a vehicle at about 4.30pm in Romford Road on Thursday, August 16.
Two police officers sustained injuries that led to them going to hospital after a brief incident.
- 1 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 2 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 3 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 4 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 5 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 6 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 7 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 8 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 9 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats
- 10 One arrest, man in hospital after Stratford station attack