Man, 25, charged with assault following alleged attack on two police officers in Manor Park
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with assault following an alleged attack on two police officers in Manor Park.
Nanikitomisa Mpelenda, 25, of Huxley Road, Leyton, was charged with assault, obstruction, possession of an imitation firearm and using a motor vehicle without insurance.
He is due to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Friday, September 14.
He remains in custody.
Officers from the Met’s Violent Crime Task Force stopped a vehicle at about 4.30pm in Romford Road on Thursday, August 16.
You may also want to watch:
Two police officers sustained injuries that led to them going to hospital after a brief incident.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 5 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 8 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 9 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 10 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross