Man, 25, charged with assault following alleged attack on two police officers in Manor Park
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with assault following an alleged attack on two police officers in Manor Park.
Nanikitomisa Mpelenda, 25, of Huxley Road, Leyton, was charged with assault, obstruction, possession of an imitation firearm and using a motor vehicle without insurance.
He is due to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Friday, September 14.
He remains in custody.
Officers from the Met’s Violent Crime Task Force stopped a vehicle at about 4.30pm in Romford Road on Thursday, August 16.
You may also want to watch:
Two police officers sustained injuries that led to them going to hospital after a brief incident.
- 1 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 2 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 3 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 4 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 5 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 10 Body found in search for missing Newham man