Man, 25, charged with assault following alleged attack on two police officers in Manor Park
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with assault following an alleged attack on two police officers in Manor Park.
Nanikitomisa Mpelenda, 25, of Huxley Road, Leyton, was charged with assault, obstruction, possession of an imitation firearm and using a motor vehicle without insurance.
He is due to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Friday, September 14.
He remains in custody.
Officers from the Met’s Violent Crime Task Force stopped a vehicle at about 4.30pm in Romford Road on Thursday, August 16.
You may also want to watch:
Two police officers sustained injuries that led to them going to hospital after a brief incident.
- 1 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 2 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 3 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 4 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 5 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 6 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Update: Girl, 14, missing from East Ham found
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham