Man, 21, shot in car on the Carpenters Estate in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
A man has been shot after a group of men opened fire on a car on a housing estate in Stratford last night.
The 21-year-old victim was sitting in the vehicle in Biggerstaff Road on the Carpenters Estate, when a car pulled up and several men ran out before one shot him.
The victim managed to crawl out of the car and was found a short distance away by paramedics called to the scene at around 10.15pm.
His condition is not believed to be life threatening.
Officers from the Met’s trident and area crime command are investigating the shooting and are appealing for information.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses or anyone with information should call DS Nick Hamer, investigating officer, on 0208 217 7382, 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 4 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 5 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 6 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 7 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 10 Court date adjourned for Beckton man who sexually assaulted young girl