Man, 21, shot in car on the Carpenters Estate in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
A man has been shot after a group of men opened fire on a car on a housing estate in Stratford last night.
The 21-year-old victim was sitting in the vehicle in Biggerstaff Road on the Carpenters Estate, when a car pulled up and several men ran out before one shot him.
The victim managed to crawl out of the car and was found a short distance away by paramedics called to the scene at around 10.15pm.
His condition is not believed to be life threatening.
Officers from the Met’s trident and area crime command are investigating the shooting and are appealing for information.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses or anyone with information should call DS Nick Hamer, investigating officer, on 0208 217 7382, 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 6 Primary school recognised for supporting pupils' mental wellbeing
- 7 Free summer school offers music, fashion, hip hop dance and more
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 10 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford