Man, 21, shot in car on the Carpenters Estate in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
A man has been shot after a group of men opened fire on a car on a housing estate in Stratford last night.
The 21-year-old victim was sitting in the vehicle in Biggerstaff Road on the Carpenters Estate, when a car pulled up and several men ran out before one shot him.
The victim managed to crawl out of the car and was found a short distance away by paramedics called to the scene at around 10.15pm.
His condition is not believed to be life threatening.
Officers from the Met’s trident and area crime command are investigating the shooting and are appealing for information.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses or anyone with information should call DS Nick Hamer, investigating officer, on 0208 217 7382, 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 5 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 West Ham forward Alisha Lehmann joins Everton on loan
- 8 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 9 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 10 £10.1m grant strategy approved to support businesses as pandemic continues