Man, 21, charged with North Woolwich murder of Jordan Ajobo
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A man has been charged with the murder of a 21-year-old man who was stabbed to death in North Woolwich.
Adetokunbo Jordan Ajobo, known as Jordan, died in hospital after being found with critical knife wounds in Pier Road, shortly after 8pm on November 8.
A 21-year-old man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was arrested in Leeds on Wednesday, November 29 and was charged with Jordan’s murder the following day.
After appearing at Thames Magistrates’ Court on Friday, December 1, he was remanded to appear at the Old Bailey on Tuesday.
He now faces a trial in early June 2018 and has been remanded until then.
You may also want to watch:
Two other men, both aged 21, were arrested by police in connection with the investigation on November 20.
One was arrested on suspicion of murder and subsequently bailed to a date in mid-December, while the second individual was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender and released under investigation.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Three men arrested after Upton Park fatal shooting
- 6 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 7 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 8 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 9 Woman arrested on suspicion of murder after man fatally stabbed
- 10 Protesters target DSEI arms fair at ExCeL London in Royal Docks