Man, 21, charged with North Woolwich murder of Jordan Ajobo
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A man has been charged with the murder of a 21-year-old man who was stabbed to death in North Woolwich.
Adetokunbo Jordan Ajobo, known as Jordan, died in hospital after being found with critical knife wounds in Pier Road, shortly after 8pm on November 8.
A 21-year-old man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was arrested in Leeds on Wednesday, November 29 and was charged with Jordan’s murder the following day.
After appearing at Thames Magistrates’ Court on Friday, December 1, he was remanded to appear at the Old Bailey on Tuesday.
He now faces a trial in early June 2018 and has been remanded until then.
You may also want to watch:
Two other men, both aged 21, were arrested by police in connection with the investigation on November 20.
One was arrested on suspicion of murder and subsequently bailed to a date in mid-December, while the second individual was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender and released under investigation.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 6 Primary school recognised for supporting pupils' mental wellbeing
- 7 Free summer school offers music, fashion, hip hop dance and more
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 10 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford