Man, 21, charged with North Woolwich murder of Jordan Ajobo
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A man has been charged with the murder of a 21-year-old man who was stabbed to death in North Woolwich.
Adetokunbo Jordan Ajobo, known as Jordan, died in hospital after being found with critical knife wounds in Pier Road, shortly after 8pm on November 8.
A 21-year-old man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was arrested in Leeds on Wednesday, November 29 and was charged with Jordan’s murder the following day.
After appearing at Thames Magistrates’ Court on Friday, December 1, he was remanded to appear at the Old Bailey on Tuesday.
He now faces a trial in early June 2018 and has been remanded until then.
You may also want to watch:
Two other men, both aged 21, were arrested by police in connection with the investigation on November 20.
One was arrested on suspicion of murder and subsequently bailed to a date in mid-December, while the second individual was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender and released under investigation.
- 1 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 2 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- 3 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 4 Parking charges, Covid, unneutered cats and driving into London
- 5 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 6 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 7 Plans for special needs hub at Little Ilford School given green light
- 8 Council loses court action against Barclays Bank
- 9 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station
- 10 East Ham money laundering suspect arrested in people smuggling probe