Majority verdict allowed in baby murder trial of Manor Park couple
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A jury has been given a majority direction in the trial of a Manor Park couple accused of staging the death of their baby on a bus to get away with killing her.
Jeffrey Wiltshire, 52, and 25-year-old Rosalin Baker, of Morris Avenue, are on trial at the Old Bailey charged with murdering 16-week-old Imani in September last year and causing or allowing her death.
Baker has blamed her abusive boyfriend and claimed Wiltshire had tried to “frame” her by forcing her on to the bus in Stratford with their dead child in a sling.
But Wiltshire, who claims to have fathered 25 children, has told jurors he had nothing to do with the death of the baby, who was born prematurely and put on the child protection register.
Judge Nicholas Hilliard QC sent the jury out to consider its verdicts on Tuesday morning.
You may also want to watch:
This morning, he told the 11 jurors that he would accept verdicts on which at least 10 of them were agreed.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 5 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 10 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work