Majority verdict allowed in baby murder trial of Manor Park couple
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A jury has been given a majority direction in the trial of a Manor Park couple accused of staging the death of their baby on a bus to get away with killing her.
Jeffrey Wiltshire, 52, and 25-year-old Rosalin Baker, of Morris Avenue, are on trial at the Old Bailey charged with murdering 16-week-old Imani in September last year and causing or allowing her death.
Baker has blamed her abusive boyfriend and claimed Wiltshire had tried to “frame” her by forcing her on to the bus in Stratford with their dead child in a sling.
But Wiltshire, who claims to have fathered 25 children, has told jurors he had nothing to do with the death of the baby, who was born prematurely and put on the child protection register.
Judge Nicholas Hilliard QC sent the jury out to consider its verdicts on Tuesday morning.
You may also want to watch:
This morning, he told the 11 jurors that he would accept verdicts on which at least 10 of them were agreed.
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Fan's column: West Ham are in the mix to battle it out with the big boys
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 7 Mayor vows to continue Newham free school meals scheme
- 8 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 9 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 10 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving