Magistrates remain undecided over Plaistow assault charge
Magistrates are still deliberating this afternoon over the fate of a man charged with assaulting a 16-year-old girl in Plaistow.
Michael Ayoade, 34, of Greengate Street, Plaistow, appeared at Thames Magistrates Court this morning accused of assault occasioning actual bodily harm following a brutal attack on the teenager around midday on Tues Nov 13.
He is also charged with possession of a Class B drug after a small bag of cannabis was allegedly found.
CCTV footage of the incident - seen all over the globe - shows the victim, also from Plaistow, was approached from behind and struck over the head on High Street, unconscious before she hit the ground.
The student has said she only remembers waking up in the ambulance with facial injuries and chipped teeth.
You may also want to watch:
The court are due to reconvene later today to decide how to progress his case.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 3 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 4 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Women's FA Cup: West Ham 11 Chichester & Selsey 0