Magistrates remain undecided over Plaistow assault charge
Magistrates are still deliberating this afternoon over the fate of a man charged with assaulting a 16-year-old girl in Plaistow.
Michael Ayoade, 34, of Greengate Street, Plaistow, appeared at Thames Magistrates Court this morning accused of assault occasioning actual bodily harm following a brutal attack on the teenager around midday on Tues Nov 13.
He is also charged with possession of a Class B drug after a small bag of cannabis was allegedly found.
CCTV footage of the incident - seen all over the globe - shows the victim, also from Plaistow, was approached from behind and struck over the head on High Street, unconscious before she hit the ground.
The student has said she only remembers waking up in the ambulance with facial injuries and chipped teeth.
You may also want to watch:
The court are due to reconvene later today to decide how to progress his case.
- 1 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 2 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 5 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 6 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 7 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 8 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 9 Newham housing association offers homes to Hackney Council with £10m price tag
- 10 Stratford dance and music hub gets £700k boost