London Riots: See our CCTV film of attack of East Ham robbery
In its promise to bring every offender in London Riots to book, Scotland Yard has released CCTV footage of an innocent young male who appears to have been attacked and robbed of his mobile phone in St Stephens Road, East Ham, last summer.
Film shows the man grabbed around his neck and thrown onto a parked car as he walks along the road talking on his phone.
There’s a struggle and the shocked victim manages to break free and then throw something to the pavement, believed to be his mobile phone, which the suspect, accompanied by a group of males, picks up and flees with it down a side street.
Police are appealing for the victim to make contact and report the crime and help them to catch the thug responsible.
The suspect is described as an Asian male aged approximately 16 to 20 years, wearing dark clothing.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Stephen Field, said: “This was an unprovoked assault on an innocent young man who appears to be going about his day-to-day activity.”
No one has been arrested.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 4 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 5 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 8 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 9 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 10 Player ratings: Yarmolenko the star as West Ham seal FA Cup progression
Anyone with information is urged to call the officer at Newham CID on (020) 8217 6648 or to remain anonymous they can call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.