London Riots: Are you victim in CCTV footage from Forest Gate?
Police have appealed to a man attacked during the London Riots last summer to come forward with details of the crime.
CCTV footage shows that on Monday, August 8 last at around 6.30pm an Asian man being surrounded by a large group of males at the Barclays Bank cash point on Green Street, Forest Gate.
They grabbed him around the back of his neck and it appears rob him and attempt to use his card to gain money from the cash point.
He is clearly shocked and shaken, but has yet to report the crime to police.
Investigating officer Detective Constable Stephen Field appealed for the victim of the suspected robbery or anyone who knows him to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
“We are here to support and protect the victim and bring those responsible to justice,” he added.
There have been no arrests.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 5 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 9 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 10 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
Anyone with information is asked to call the officer at Newham CID on (020) 8217 6648 or to remain anonymous they can call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.