London Riots: Are you victim in CCTV footage from Forest Gate?
Police have appealed to a man attacked during the London Riots last summer to come forward with details of the crime.
CCTV footage shows that on Monday, August 8 last at around 6.30pm an Asian man being surrounded by a large group of males at the Barclays Bank cash point on Green Street, Forest Gate.
They grabbed him around the back of his neck and it appears rob him and attempt to use his card to gain money from the cash point.
He is clearly shocked and shaken, but has yet to report the crime to police.
Investigating officer Detective Constable Stephen Field appealed for the victim of the suspected robbery or anyone who knows him to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
“We are here to support and protect the victim and bring those responsible to justice,” he added.
There have been no arrests.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 5 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 8 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 9 Win a pair of Carabao Cup tickets to Leyton Orient vs Queens Park Rangers
- 10 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
Anyone with information is asked to call the officer at Newham CID on (020) 8217 6648 or to remain anonymous they can call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.