London Riots: Are you victim in CCTV footage from Forest Gate?
Police have appealed to a man attacked during the London Riots last summer to come forward with details of the crime.
CCTV footage shows that on Monday, August 8 last at around 6.30pm an Asian man being surrounded by a large group of males at the Barclays Bank cash point on Green Street, Forest Gate.
They grabbed him around the back of his neck and it appears rob him and attempt to use his card to gain money from the cash point.
He is clearly shocked and shaken, but has yet to report the crime to police.
Investigating officer Detective Constable Stephen Field appealed for the victim of the suspected robbery or anyone who knows him to come forward.
“We are here to support and protect the victim and bring those responsible to justice,” he added.
There have been no arrests.
- 1 'Suspicious' Forest Gate construction fire under investigation
- 2 Schools and staff across east London up for national awards
- 3 'Staffing crisis' means children's hospice cannot offer end of life care
- 4 Romford West Ham fan accused of harassing Jewish man on flight
- 5 Wanted: Five people Newham police wish to speak to
- 6 Warnings issued after four fox clubs found stuck in old car wheels
- 7 Cycle paths joined up in Aldgate creates 'safe route' through east London
- 8 Third straight win takes Newham top of the table
- 9 'Never limit ourselves': Dance school reaches 18 years of success
- 10 TfL: Revamped Northern line latest addition to ever-improving network
Anyone with information is asked to call the officer at Newham CID on (020) 8217 6648 or to remain anonymous they can call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.