London Riots: Are you victim in CCTV footage from Forest Gate?
Police have appealed to a man attacked during the London Riots last summer to come forward with details of the crime.
CCTV footage shows that on Monday, August 8 last at around 6.30pm an Asian man being surrounded by a large group of males at the Barclays Bank cash point on Green Street, Forest Gate.
They grabbed him around the back of his neck and it appears rob him and attempt to use his card to gain money from the cash point.
He is clearly shocked and shaken, but has yet to report the crime to police.
Investigating officer Detective Constable Stephen Field appealed for the victim of the suspected robbery or anyone who knows him to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
“We are here to support and protect the victim and bring those responsible to justice,” he added.
There have been no arrests.
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 3 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 4 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 8 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 9 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 10 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
Anyone with information is asked to call the officer at Newham CID on (020) 8217 6648 or to remain anonymous they can call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.